Dan Duquette Duplicity Thread

weams

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would agree with you that dan is not innocent. And his silence does ring loud. It makes me wonder. I mean, even if he really wanted the job, but also really liked it here, he would recognize this storm, and put it to rest. The fact that he hasn't, makes me think he wants the job, and is either, not happy here, or bitter we won't let him have the job. So, in my eyes, I lose a tiny bit of respect for Duke if he is bitter, or I'm disappointed in the os that things are still so screwed up that dan just isn't happy here.

Ok. You get offered a 500% raise. You can't take it contractually, You are sad. No matter what amount less than that your current employer rises you. You still want your job. Especially after not having one for a decade.

Of course he wants to stay in Baltimore unless he gets appointed Queen of Canada.

bio-1_1334591304342_eng.jpg

But, if he is still content to stay here, and the Orioles do not want to let him leave, then this story should be over. Dan would come out and make a strong statement supporting the Os, and the city of Baltimore, etc. His silence allows all this speculation. It muddys up the water. So, the fact that he is sitting back, making us squirm, is evidence, to me, that he is using what leverage he has( his silence), to force his way out of Baltimore.

But, if he is still content to stay here, and the Orioles do not want to let him leave, then this story should be over. Dan would come out and make a strong statement supporting the Os, and the city of Baltimore, etc. His silence allows all this speculation. It muddys up the water. So, the fact that he is sitting back, making us squirm, is evidence, to me, that he is using what leverage he has( his silence), to force his way out of Baltimore.

Gary Kubiak made a strong statement.

I think the real issue here is when Peter took Dan's office. I believe Dan started reaching out then! ;) Either then or after Rick Dempsey started going behind his back.

He is not making you squirm. He is waiting for Angelos and/or Rogers to act, just like the rest of us. Sure, he could come out and lie and say he's not interested in the job, but what would be the point of that? Suffice it to say that he is interested in talking about the position. Now, it's up to the boys with the really big wallets to act like grownups and do something that will decide whether or not he can have that conversation with the Blue Jays.

He is not making you squirm. He is waiting for Angelos and/or Rogers to act, just like the rest of us. Sure, he could come out and lie and say he's not interested in the job, but what would be the point of that? Suffice it to say that he is interested in talking about the position. Now, it's up to the boys with the really big wallets to act like grownups and do something that will decide whether or not he can have that conversation with the Blue Jays.

This guy is so smoothly professional, he does not care if we squirm. Nor should he. He has said and done the exact right things. No matter what happens here. Dan Duquette, Executive of the Year, is the Winner.

Agreed. Exactly.

Oh, he's making me squirm buddy!! But, anyways, my question is, why isn't this over? Peter wanted him to stay right? If he turns down the Jays, how can thus still live on? If Dan is totally content, and understands peters decision, he can be a little disappointed, but pretty cool with staying here. The fact that for some reasons, this has not been shut down, makes me wonder why? Has Peter already said no to the jays? Why isn't this story over? What is keeping it alive? Is Dan, or someone else, making things so awkward,that the Os may be forced to trade Dan against our original wishes? Or is Peter having a lot of thoughts on this, and is weighing the moral standpoint of his original decision to not let him leave?

Oh, he's making me squirm buddy!! But, anyways, my question is, why isn't this over? Peter wanted him to stay right? If he turns down the Jays, how can thus still live on? If Dan is totally content, and understands peters decision, he can be a little disappointed, but pretty cool with staying here. The fact that for some reasons, this has not been shut down, makes me wonder why? Has Peter already said no to the jays? Why isn't this story over? What is keeping it alive? Is Dan, or someone lose, making things so awkward,that the Os may be forced to trade Dan against our original wishes? Or is Peter having a lot of thoughts on this, and is weighing the moral standpoint of his original decision to not let him leave?

Angelos has made it known to the Blue Jays (and everyone else, via the press) that he's willing to listen to compensation offer from the Blue Jays, but he will not negotiate with them about it. The Blue Jays need to post up or back down.

Oh, he's making me squirm buddy!! But, anyways, my question is, why isn't this over? Peter wanted him to stay right? If he turns down the Jays, how can thus still live on? If Dan is totally content, and understands peters decision, he can be a little disappointed, but pretty cool with staying here. The fact that for some reasons, this has not been shut down, makes me wonder why? Has Peter already said no to the jays? Why isn't this story over? What is keeping it alive? Is Dan, or someone lose, making things so awkward,that the Os may be forced to trade Dan against our original wishes? Or is Peter having a lot of thoughts on this, and is weighing the moral standpoint of his original decision to not let him leave?

The story is not over because the Blue Jays do not have control over the Rogers who controls the trust. The board fired him, but he still has his sister and himself to try to control the Blue Jays and the Rogers Centre. And because it makes great press. And because we choose not to believe Peter Angelos and Dan Duquette. Oh and because MLB hates us. And we are discovering all their emails next week. In court.

Gary Kubiak made a strong statement.

I think the real issue here is when Peter took Dan's office. I believe Dan started reaching out then! ;) Either then or after Rick Dempsey started going behind his back.

Weams did Peter actually take DD office and can you elaborate on the whole Rick Dempsey angle....both of those things I was not aware of

Archived