Dan's done a good job of changing the subject

Frobby

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite the whirlwind of activity the last 2-3 days. Now he's got something to talk about at Fanfest.

He's no fool. He's acutely aware that there's a lot of heat on him for the Toronto situation (perhaps undeserved) but all of the Baltimore sports media has been talking about that stuff in lieu of actual team discussions so he has to do something.

If the Ravens had advanced further DD would have faded into the background, but there's nothing else for the media to focus upon.

MSK

Quite the whirlwind of activity the last 2-3 days. Now he's got something to talk about at Fanfest.

Bingo. Dan is no fool and knows he only way to change the "story" with him at fanfest was to get some moves done. My guess was he didnt want to give up Tarpley but gave him up in order to get the deal done.

Interesting. Doubt Parmalee signs with us if we had signed Snider first. This makes it next to impossible for him to make the team out of ST.

Unless there is an injury. Dan does play four dimensional chess. As Adam says, he's pretty awkward.

I also think the recent trades and signings may have been held until a clearer picture was made. In all essence, the whole TOR situation was really sensitive. They were on the verge of tampering and DD didn't want any part of adding to that by saying something; although some of us would have liked to have heard him say something. We honestly all would take any opportunity for a higher position and pay raise. Fans seek loyalty, but it's a business as well as a game.

With that being said, I love how DD makes these moves; including his scout team and Buck, of course. I really like the Snider addition and how he's able to put together these teams to cover depth and continuance. I'm anticipating another move...

Archived