Round of 64: #4 Maryland v. #13 Valparaiso (3/20) (4:40 pm ET) (TNT)

What the hell was that Jake?

If Maryland had lost, that might have gone down as the single worst play in Terp basketball history, and people would be questioning if Jake was point-shaving. How does a guy as talented as he is - with 3 years experience - do that - much less foul out with no field goals?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About halfway through the second half I decided not to stress out because this is how the Terps have played all year. Sure would be nice to have a bigger margin of victory occasionally.

It's a good thing I wasn't one of the Coaches. My head would have exploded because of the ton of bad calls on both teams. Do they really pay those officials? If so they should give the money back. I can't remember a game that had so many obvious wrong calls.

On to the next game.

About halfway through the second half I decided not to stress out because this is how the Terps have played all year. Sure would be nice to have a bigger margin of victory occasionally.

It's a good thing I wasn't one of the Coaches. My head would have exploded because of the ton of bad calls on both teams. Do they really pay those officials? If so they should give the money back. I can't remember a game that had so many obvious wrong calls.

On to the next game.

I've been seriously annoyed with the ref crews in every game I've watched so far in the tournament. I've never seen so many ticky tack foul calls. Referees seems to think that anytime a player takes a shot within a couple feet of the basket, it's a guarantee that they were fouled. If I were a coach, I'd just be telling my players to give the ball to the big guys and let them go to the foul line every time down the court.

I'm watching UCLA-UAB right now and this crew is even worse than the Maryland game crew. There seems to be an enormous UCLA bias because UAB is getting called for fouls continuously.

I've been seriously annoyed with the ref crews in every game I've watched so far in the tournament. I've never seen so many ticky tack foul calls. Referees seems to think that anytime a player takes a shot within a couple feet of the basket, it's a guarantee that they were fouled. If I were a coach, I'd just be telling my players to give the ball to the big guys and let them go to the foul line every time down the court.

I'm watching UCLA-UAB right now and this crew is even worse than the Maryland game crew. There seems to be an enormous UCLA bias because UAB is getting called for fouls continuously.

It's been the other way around at the end of several of the close games. They've swallowed their whistles. I'm a fan who believes you ref the game the same at the end as you've done the entire game. Otherwise, the refs take the game out of the players' hands.

Archived