For What it's worth.....

Belkast

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, if we are going 5 for 2 it will look more like:

Roberts/Payton for Gallagher/Cedeno/Patterson/Ceda/Marquis (with the caveat that I hate the idea of getting Marquis back in a deal).

I was thinking the same thing as Davearm and you. No way do we get 5 players AND Pie. I would be happy with Gallagher/Cedeno/Patterson/Ceda/and another player. That would be a good compromise. Gallagher and Ceda are 2 very good prospects and Patterson and Cedeno are good enough that you would think that one would work out in the MI. Honestly if we got those 2 in the same deal, I would like to see Patterson try 2B and Cedeno try SS to start the season. Let LH be the backup plan.

I was thinking the same thing as Davearm and you. No way do we get 5 players AND Pie. I would be happy with Gallagher/Cedeno/Patterson/Ceda/and another player. That would be a good compromise. Gallagher and Ceda are 2 very good prospects and Patterson and Cedeno are good enough that you would think that one would work out in the MI. Honestly if we got those 2 in the same deal, I would like to see Patterson try 2B and Cedeno try SS to start the season. Let LH be the backup plan.

A few things here:

First to Mike AD - I'm just doing my part here to try and get this thing to 40 pages, per your very early prediction. You should get some props!

Second - if Patterson could play defense, I think this would be a no-brainer. I love offense as much as the next guy, but the Oriole are going to build with with pitching and defense up the middle, and add bats where they can. I don't see Patterson figuring into the Orioles plans at all - he doesn't have a position (believe me, we have enough of those kind of guys already on the payroll...). So if you really think Patterson will be in an Oriole uniform, its a pipe dream and you gotta let it go, man.

Finally, its been said numerous times that AM wants a LOT of good young pitching, but I still see posts on here with 3 or 4 position players in the fold. I expect, if anything happens, at least 3 pitchers (maybe 4) coming back to us, possibly two of them being major league ready.

I agree, if we are going 5 for 2 it will look more like:

Roberts/Payton for Gallagher/Cedeno/Patterson/Ceda/Marquis (with the caveat that I hate the idea of getting Marquis back in a deal).

How about Gallagher, Cedeno, Marshall, Ceda/Veal, Murton/Epatt for Roberts and Payton (plus cash).

Would that be a fair deal for all parties?

From J. Sickels....

Jake Fox C-1B

Jake Fox has a ton of power. He kills fastballs, and is fully capable of launching hug tape-measure homers. However, his overall plate disciplin is shaky, and he will go through phases wfere he tries to pull everything, which will hurt his batting average adn OBP in the majors. His defense behind the plate is substandard. He has a good arm, but his foot work gets tangeled up at times nd he lacks mobility. He can play 1B OK, and Fox's future is likely as a platoon 1B/DH type although he's got a chance to be a very good example of that species C+

Sounds like a Sam horn type to me, I say pass.

How about Gallagher, Cedeno, Marshall, Ceda/Veal, Murton/Epatt for Roberts and Payton (plus cash).

I say yes but our Cubbie friends say Ceda is one of several untouchables. I'm sure Gallagher, Marshall, and Veal are a scoreless spring training inning from joining the list.

I like it. I think it is fair for both sides. The only gripe I would have is if they took Veal instead of Ceda. I do not like Veal in this deal unless it is Veal and Ceda. That may be too much to ask though. :D

Summary anyone?

You should read Belkast's initial post.

Since then a lot of conjecture about who could be involved in a Chicago or Cleveland deal.

I've said it before....if you've seen one Brian Roberts trade thread...you've seen 'em all!

I hope this happens quickly, or we are going to be hearing all kind of rumors until the trading deadline. That would not be good for anyone.

I wonder how many hours of work are being lost due to people posting on message boards, checking Rotoworld, etc. regarding the potential Roberts deal? I don't believe it's a problem with bad mortgages...it's this Brian Roberts trade that's dragging down the economy. If this drags on until the trading deadline we're certainly looking at a recession!

You should read Belkast's initial post.

Since then a lot of conjecture about who could be involved in a Chicago or Cleveland deal.

I've said it before....if you've seen one Brian Roberts trade thread...you've seen 'em all!

I did...just wondering if there was something new in the next 576 posts. Thanks for the great advice. I never would have thought to read the first post.:rolleyes:;)

I don't believe it's a problem with bad mortgages...it's this Brian Roberts trade that's dragging down the economy. If this drags on until the trading deadline we're certainly looking at a recession!

That will get you rep points from me for the humor...good stuff.

I did...just wondering if there was something new in the next 576 posts. Thanks for the great advice. I never would have thought to read the first post.:rolleyes:;)

Thanks! :D

Truthfully, I've probably read all the posts, but there really isn't a whole lot to add. Its basically the same group of players from Chicago (Gallagher, Marshall, Cedeno, Patterson, Murton, Veal...and the "untouchable" Pie and Ceda.) and Cleveland (speculation on Barfield, Peralta, Marte, Miller, Guitierrez, etc.).

The insiders haven't really added a whole lot to the thread since Belkast's initial post...which I know you've read! ;)

And what cheap dominant LHP do you want to replace him with when we are ready to compete in 2010? What LHRP do you want to give up a 2nd round pick for? Sherrill will be the ripe old age of 32 then. If you want to trade somebody, Walker should be the one. Eat some of his contract if you have to, but he should go before Sherrill.

Walker, Bradford and Sherrill can/should be dealt over the next year.

Archived