For What it's worth.....

Belkast

Yeah his BA was driven by his BABIP #.... its eaiser to look at it on fan graphs...

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?playerid=2179&position=SS&page=1&type=mini

Scroll down about half way on the right.

I'm confused about BABIP, isn't it a measure for pitchers being lucky or not. Does the fact that he had a BABIP well above .290 in the first half of 2006 mean that the pitchers he was facing were getting unlucky and then they inevitably regressed back closer to the mean of .290, therefore Cedeno showed signs of dropping off?

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I like about Cedeno is he really plays hard and is real versitle.He played well in Winter ball to and he is just 25.He can play SS,2nd,3rd and even has looked good in Cf this spring and he really runs well.He has hit nothing but line drives this spring to.I just can't wait to see what he does given the chance to play everyday he also has good range and a real good arm.IMO he could be a better player than Theriot.

I listened to the podacst.

He says in that he doesn't think it will happen today or tomorrow but he would be shocked if it didn't eventually happen.

He did say that BR seemed excited when he talked to him today...and he did mention the names Marshall, Gallagher, Cedeno and a 4th but only in terms that 'those are the names I've consistently heard' or something like that.

BTW, Francesa asked twice about the Mets getting "a jack of all trades" like Mora. Heyman said he didn't think so because he said 9M/yr was too much.

That is an important clarification - thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Re: Mora - :( Perhaps we change that to 5M / year by eating some salary

He said he doesn't no if it will happen today or tommorow.The thing that happened to Cedeno in 2006 was Dusty Baker playing more Nefi Perez than Cedeno his at bats got less and less as the season went on thats why Dusty was let go.Hendry didn't like that Dusty would not play the young guys.

I listened to the podacst.

He says in that he doesn't think it will happen today or tomorrow but he would be shocked if it didn't eventually happen.

He did say that BR seemed excited when he talked to him today...and he did mention the names Marshall, Gallagher, Cedeno and a 4th but only in terms that 'those are the names I've consistently heard' or something like that.

BTW, Francesa asked twice about the Mets getting "a jack of all trades" like Mora. Heyman said he didn't think so because he said 9M/yr was too much.

This is an important distinction. He was very clearly just rehashing names that he had heard over the course of the discussions, not providing or even pretending to provide any new information. I for one would be very surprised and disappointed if Marshall ended up being part of the deal after all this time. BTW the fourth name he mentioned was Murton. I don't really think he's involved anymore either.

I heard the interview on WFAN in my car this afternoon. He also mentioned that Millar approached him while he was talking to Roberts and said "tell them he's terrible." :D

I for one would be very surprised and disappointed if Marshall ended up being part of the deal after all this time.

What does everyone have against Marshall? Can I have more than a generic one-liner too, please? I definitely understand wanting Gallagher over Marshall but if you were hypothetically to get both you'd be disappointed? Tall young lefty ground ball pitcher with success in both the majors and minors, well regarded prospect without any flop, and the consensus here seems to be near Sports Guy's "he's very bad" and your "disappointed." Not quite.

Originally Posted by ChaosLex

It'd be excellent if names like Lillibridge, Wood, Andrus, etc., are in the mix.

I hate to burst you guys bubble, but Andrus stand absolutely no chance of being moved. Texas is already having internal discussion of moving Micheal Young either to DH or OF or moving him completely when Andrus is ready.

Duran, yes stands an excellent chance to be moved Arias aswell (he just started throwing from the SS grass to 1B but has been DHing regularly).

Dont expect Texas to fall over themselves for just SP, Reimold or other OF may be a target aswell.

What does everyone have against Marshall? Can I have more than a generic one-liner too, please? I definitely understand wanting Gallagher over Marshall but if you were hypothetically to get both you'd be disappointed? Tall young lefty ground ball pitcher with success in both the majors and minors, well regarded prospect without any flop, and the consensus here seems to be near Sports Guy's "he's very bad" and your "disappointed." Not quite.

I like Marshall. I think there's a DIPS bias against him. He doesn't strike out enough people and therefore is not highly regarded. As we all know there have been a lot of very successful pitchers in this game who didn't pile up the Ks.

I'd much rather have Marshall then Marquis or Fogg.

It'd be excellent if names like Lillibridge, Wood, Andrus, etc., are in the mix.

I would be happy with a Roberts for Marshall, Gallagher, Cedeno and Veal/Ceda (although I really would prefer Ceda).

We would really need to get some MI help in another trade though. I will be hoping to hear names like Lillibridge and Wood too. I have always thought that Lillibridge would be a good fit here.

I have a simple question. Every report says that the O's are sending another scout and will be there this weekend.

Have they never heard of airplanes? Why would it take a week to send someone, unless he's driving or taking Greyhound?

Archived