A lot to like tonight

Frobby

- Norris pitched a half decent game

- Brach was outstanding

- Manny and Schoop with the long ball (and I called Schoop's)

- Davis finally made some solid contact, though he also whiffed a couple of times.

- Jones made an outstanding catch in the gap

And we won a series with the Yankees.

Lough ran down a ball in the gap that probably none of our other outfielders could have.

He sure did. He also went 0-4 including striking out with guys at 2nd and 3rd, but I'm still for him getting more starts. It's so nice to not worry about left field defense.

I love Lough and his defense.

De Aza and Snider both have very good range and better range than our past OFers.

De Aza and Snider do have decent range, but I question the reliability of their gloves. I want to see more of Snider in RF and let him get in a groove out there.

They both have an error, it happens.

As has been pointed out, others wouldn't get the error, because they wouldn't be anywhere near the ball. :)

De Aza and Snider do have decent range, but I question the reliability of their gloves. I want to see more of Snider in RF and let him get in a groove out there.

Jury is out for me too on Snider. He missed the three run double the other day but that happens. You misjudge it a little and the ball is hit so hard you don't have time to adjust. It happens. But the other play last (?) night... where he circled around, back to the warning track, and then back in hard to sno-cone it in to his glove... It was ugly, but he MADE the catch. I value that a lot. BJ Surhoff was no outfielder, but if he got near the ball, he CAUGHT the ball. Uncanny. Snider might have that trait.

De Aza seems hit or miss at best. Routes, speed, catching the ball. Roll the dice.

I am supremely at peace when Lough is in the field. :) He's got that Zen thing going. Born to do this stuff.

Archived