UMD vs Miami!

LOL..Yea i hear ya...I was actually just telling myself..Well, at least MD lost.

Gotta give it to these bottom feeders.

I guess I picked the wrong upset, huh? All three underdogs won outright, no way Wake wins now...Duke actually impressed me tonight to be honest..They played pretty well considering Henderson wasn't available.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I picked the wrong upset, huh? All three underdogs won outright, no way Wake wins now...Duke actually impressed me tonight to be honest..They played pretty well considering Henderson wasn't available.

Too much foul trouble and no Henderson doomed them tonight.

With McRoberts in foul trouble, the 2 big guys were able to operate good down low.

Gotta give it to State for playing well and Atsur for being very good in the second half and OT.

Duke will be anywhere from a 6-8 seed and will have a tough time making the sweet 16.

I felt Zoubek should have been in more in the second half to try and help neutralize the big guys.(like he did against TH)

Yea, if McOverrated would play like that drive late in the game all of the time he would be the player SG thinks he is. That was a truely explosive move.

I disagree. We lost this game because we turned the ball over a million times, missed a ton of rebounds, and missed a ton of free throws. Even with the poor shooting, if we do even one of those things well, we win this game easily. That's how bad Miami is, and that's how unbelievably horribly we played today.

And, I think the turnovers and horrible shooting are due to the type of game Miami made them play. When MD can run and gun, they get on a roll. When they have to play a slow, controlled offense, they struggle. FTs shouldn't have even been an issue in this game since Miami is just a bad team.

But, things look better now since it seems to be the year of the underdog in the ACC tourney.

Yea, if McOverrated would play like that drive late in the game all of the time he would be the player SG thinks he is. That was a truely explosive move.

No doubt, it was the first time all year he's been assertive. You can see the talent, but the guy has no heart.

Can anyone tell me when the last time all four dogs won the first round in the tournament, if ever? I mean that is pretty amazing when you think about it. Also, this may help our seeding since the committee will most assuradly see the ACC as the top teir league if anyone can beat anyone on a given night. Wow, I mean I am just shocked

Have to tip your hat to McRoberts in the OT period, he really tried to will it out of his team. That dunk was monster.

I know it is a cop out, but I was kinda glad MD lost, it was nice to wake the team up because once you get to the NCAA's, its one and done.

I think now they see the type of intesity March brings and hopefully we can get some rest and get together for a nice run in the tourney, I hope.

Have to tip your hat to McRoberts in the OT period, he really tried to will it out of his team. That dunk was monster.

I know it is a cop out, but I was kinda glad MD lost, it was nice to wake the team up because once you get to the NCAA's, its one and done.

I think now they see the type of intesity March brings and hopefully we can get some rest and get together for a nice run in the tourney, I hope.

Coach K wondered if his team was worn out, tired, etc...

Sometimes, losing early in these tourneys is a good thing. Let's you rest and get refocused.

What you have to dislike is how MD played but still, that isn't the norm for them as of late and i don't think it is something you have to worry about in the NCAAs.

Coach K wondered if his team was worn out, tired, etc...

Sometimes, losing early in these tourneys is a good thing. Let's you rest and get refocused.

What you have to dislike is how MD played but still, that isn't the norm for them as of late and i don't think it is something you have to worry about in the NCAAs.

Actually, I liked ho Maryland played. They just came out and thought they would win, and they deserved to lose. If they play with energy they can go deep in the NCAAs.

Duke on the other hand, it looked to me that they were handled by a better team. NC State looked great. Losing Henderson was HUGE, obviously he brings a lot to the table, but this Duke team has no mojo and I just don't see them advancing very far in the tourney.

I think even Timmay would tell you that McRoberts is 3 inches taller, and unlike Garrison, he actually knows how to play basketball.

But Garrison is much better at smacking girls at Bentley's. ;)

McRoberts decided he felt like trying for a 7-9 minute span, and he looked good. But, when things don't go his way, he appears to scream at his teammates, even if things are his fault. And, then he shuts down and disappears.

Actually, I liked ho Maryland played. They just came out and thought they would win, and they deserved to lose. If they play with energy they can go deep in the NCAAs.

Duke on the other hand, it looked to me that they were handled by a better team. NC State looked great. Losing Henderson was HUGE, obviously he brings a lot to the table, but this Duke team has no mojo and I just don't see them advancing very far in the tourney.

This post made me laugh.

This post made me laugh.

That was actually my intention.:)

Seriously, Maryland losing doesn't bother me in the least.

Duke losing, well, now with NC State going to the finals doesn't look that bad either. But, three straight losses going into the tourney is not exactly uplifting!

Archived