O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

It is pretty clear to me that Crawjo feels that violence is justified (at least sometimes) in order to affect change. He is clearly agitated by the thought that the violence is being condemned. I think he made a wise choice in excusing himself from the conversation.

I don't feel like being political at all about this issue, but I do want to express that I feel bad for an area that I still think of fondly. I hope the city finds a path forward that results in improvement for all involved that are trying to live an honorable life. I fear yesterday made a positive path forward for city residents even more difficult, but I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. Without getting into detail it seems obvious there are very deep seated issues there. I've never actually been to Baltimore and I'm far removed from it, but I have heard about it for years. But yeah, hard to imagine last night's action results in much positive for the residents going forward. Thankfully, it was not worse in terms of human lives.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why say you will make a decision by 9 if you aren't actually going to do it?
Maybe it was more complicated then they thought, and they have to coordinate with MLB, the White Sox and the Stadium Authority, not to mention the Government.

I thought it was scheduled for 4 pm start.

My family goes (went) there often for Italian meats for Christmas Eve and several times throughout the year....each and every year. I am beyond pissed.

At the time the Trinacria guy posted that, he was apparently just being a drama queen and the damage was very minor. Hopefully that's still the case.

Some of his windows were broken, though, so in his place I'd probably be a drama queen, too.

I did, too, and maybe I'm confused by something I saw on FaceBook (don't want to start a rumor), but I thought they even pulled back from that. Is the 4p start a "full go"?

I assumed it was a go unless circumstances force a change again.

I did, too, and maybe I'm confused by something I saw on FaceBook (don't want to start a rumor), but I thought they even pulled back from that. Is the 4p start a "full go"?

Other than the tweets, there is no official announcement on Orioles.com, baltimore sun or Masn.

Screw that.. the last thing we need is more politicians showing fake sympathy for their own personal gain.

They should help out if they WANT to help out.

Who said anything about politicians?

I am talking about agents, whose job includes putting their clients in the best possible light.

It is not like someone smiling at the camera, saying they are just to here to help and picking up trash is doing any harm.

They have got to know that very few people are going to be willing to walk out of that stadium at 7:30 tonight. That decision surprises me. 1 pm would have made more sense from my limited information.

I suspect with armed national guard personnel on scene, might just be the safest place in the city to be.

Archived