O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

Horrible.

I was initially surprised at $1M in inventory. But maybe that's legitimate. That's 10,000 $100 items. It's been a long time since I've been in retail, it just seemed high at first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price of tennis shoes has gotten ridiculously high.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horrible.

I was initially surprised at $1M in inventory. But maybe that's legitimate. That's 10,000 $100 items. It's been a long time since I've been in retail, it just seemed high at first glance.

Most sneakers are now about 180 dollars (Nike basketball/running shoes), and that store had a lot of clothing as well. It had a storeroom the size of a small warehouse, it was very big.

It is mind-boggling to consider the economic damage and impact this will have. The real dollars lost are going to be bad enough. Lost inventory, income, all that stuff. What is really scary is how something like this will absolutely poison a city to the business community. Who the hell wants to do business in a city that can't or won't protect its assets, employees etc... The ripples of last night will be felt for while to come and will extend far far beyond the city itself. It's a disaster IMO. One this area and it's economy can hardly afford.

It is mind-boggling to consider the economic damage and impact this will have. The real dollars lost are going to be bad enough. Lost inventory, income, all that stuff. What is really scary is how something like this will absolutely poison a city to the business community. Who the hell wants to do business in a city that can't or won't protect its assets, employees etc... The ripples of last night will be felt for while to come and will extend far far beyond the city itself. It's a disaster IMO. One this area and it's economy can hardly afford.

It took a couple of decades for parts of DC to recover from the 1968 riots.

Most sneakers are now about 180 dollars (Nike basketball/running shoes), and that store had a lot of clothing as well. It had a storeroom the size of a small warehouse, it was very big.

Yeah, I wasn't doubting you or the guy's claim, it just seemed like a lot. I figured it was one of those emporium/warehouse type places and not a typical size store on a city block.

I (my parents actually) spent $110 on Reebok Pumps when Dee Brown won the slam dunk contest. I don't believe I've spent $100 on a pair of shoes since.

Are comments like this really necessary?

There is always someone looking to be outraged. Sorry to outrage you. What they are doing is stupid, and it was a lighthearted jab that not many stupid people go book shopping. Sorry to outrage you, some always have to find something to get angry about.

The worst part is, the same people who are destroying the city are going to be pushing their councilmen to get aide to rebuild it all back up.

The worst part is, the same people who are destroying the city are going to be pushing their councilmen to get aide to rebuild it all back up.

No they aren't.

They are going to be busy complaining about how they can't get a job.

I bet most have no idea who their council(wo)man is.

It took a couple of decades for parts of DC to recover from the 1968 riots.

Indeed it did. These events have far reaching impacts economically. It will impact working families in and out of the communities where the violence occurred. All of it so senseless and unnecessary

No they aren't.

They are going to be busy complaining about how they can't get a job.

I bet most have no idea who their council(wo)man is.

You'd be surprised. At least in NY, most of the people in the worst neighborhoods are on a first name basis with the councilman, and drop it at every opportunity.

Archived