Latest Mock Draft Projections for Orioles

Richie Martin's offensive numbers don't jump out at you, except for last summer (.364) in the Cape. He's only hitting .291 this year. You looks best on the eye test so far though. Also, he doesn't turn 21 until December, meaning he's a year younger than many of the other college juniors in the draft. He also is pegged to stay at SS and he looks very athletic.

I don't know if he'll be the guy, but with this year's class being loaded with college shortstops, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Orioles snag one with one of their early picks in the draft.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=37009451&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Fwiw, Law is extremely bullish on him going so far as to rate him the No. 2 prospect in the draft ahead of Bregman and Swanson. He's more sold on him developing solid average pop down the road with some adjustments to his stance, which likely factors into the ranking.

Fwiw, Law is extremely bullish on him going so far as to rate him the No. 2 prospect in the draft ahead of Bregman and Swanson. He's more sold on him developing solid average pop down the road with some adjustments to his stance, which likely factors into the ranking.
I am a fan.

Archived