The moves today should help the O's win

wildcard

JJ Hardy back at SS. Flaherty to 2B. Cabrera to the bench. Pearce kicked to the outfield. All that should help the O's.

Wleters return will give Joseph a breather. He will probably play every other day. Which should be good for both of them. If its Joseph that stays instead of Clevenger.

The move that I don't know how it turns out is Matusz to the suspended list. Talk has been that when Matusz went off the 25 man roster the O's would add a pitcher and go one player short on the bench. But who goes on the bench? Not the back up catcher. Lough? Pearce? Cabrera? Adding a pitcher is a fine idea but who goes to make room? I can't tell you.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JJ Hardy back at SS. Flaherty to 2B. Cabrera to the bench. Pearce kicked to the outfield. All that should help the O's.

Wleters return will give Joseph a breather. He will probably play every other day. Which should be good for both of them. If its Joseph that stays instead of Clevenger.

The move that I don't know how it turns out is Matusz to the suspended list. Talk has been that when Matusz went off the 25 man roster the O's would add a pitcher and go one player short on the bench. But who goes on the bench? Not the back up catcher. Lough? Pearce? Cabrera? Adding a pitcher is a fine idea but who goes to make room? I can't tell you.

I think Cabrera gets DFA and then sees if he gets picked up and if not, then will probably accept assignment to AAA. IMO

I think Cabrera gets DFA and then sees if he gets picked up and if not, then will probably accept assignment to AAA. IMO

I have been thinking that the O's hold on to Cabrera until Schoop is back. No telling when Hardy or Flaherty get hurt again.

I have been thinking that the O's hold on to Cabrera until Schoop is back. No telling when Hardy or Flaherty get hurt again.

If he is at AAA, he can be recalled.

if not, Janish is better with the glove, and since Cabrera isn't hitting much, anyway.

Flaherty is durable, it was stupid field in Toronto that also got Schoop.

Not looking forward to going back there on the 19th.

If he is at AAA, he can be recalled.

if not, Janish is better with the glove, and since Cabrera isn't hitting much, anyway.

Flaherty is durable, it was stupid field in Toronto that also got Schoop.

Not looking forward to going back there on the 19th.

I am pretty sure it was Napoli in Boston that tripped Schoop.

This has to be the move. Cabrera has been worth nothing. At least Janish has a good glove and can't be any worse at the dish. We'll see I guess.

This has to be the move. Cabrera has been worth nothing. At least Janish has a good glove and can't be any worse at the dish. We'll see I guess.

Here is my case for Cabrera getting DFA.

When you defense sub your defense bench guy with the starter, then you really aren't the defense bench guy.

Here is my case for Cabrera getting DFA.

When you defense sub your defense bench guy with the starter, then you really aren't the defense bench guy.

I saw that. I think you make good points. Perhaps that was what Roy was eluding to about suprises move(s) today?

Archived