The moves today should help the O's win

wildcard

Bill Ripken was on Scott G's show the other afternoon and had this to said.

Every player including him and Cal Jr, has done stupid things as a player, losing track of outs and stuff. You get over and try not to let it happen, but it does, and you can only beat yourself up over.

he talked about his own blunder, he pulled a double play at 2nd, getting the 2nd of two outs, and didnt brother to throw to first to get the runner, he rolled the ball to the pitcher's mound and started to jog off the field.

So, you don't think Buck is tired of Snider and Lough making mistakes in the field and on the bases? Do you think Bill Ripken speaks for Buck? Haven't you seen Buck drop his head in the dugout after one of those guys screws up? Did you not see where Buck called Snider's error on the basepaths "unacceptable?"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, you don't think Buck is tired of Snider and Lough making mistakes in the field and on the bases? Do you think Bill Ripken speaks for Buck? Haven't you seen Buck drop his head in the dugout after one of those guys screws up? Did you not see where Buck called Snider's error on the basepaths "unacceptable?"

I never said Bill speaks for Buck. They were talking about Oriole fan outlash and tweeter feeds and social media backlash.

You expect sound fundamental baseball, but you also have to understand that sometimes the guys are human, too.

I never said Bill speaks for Buck. They were talking about Oriole fan outlash and tweeter feeds and social media backlash.

You expect sound fundamental baseball, but you also have to understand that sometimes the guys are human, too.

I've got some ideas for that...

It isn't a cowardly jab.

It's a joke, specifically it is a play on the Callback and the running gag.

If I ever stop joking about your posts then you will know I have a problem with you.

Thanks for responding. It's hard to not take it as a jab when it clearly was my comment and I wasn't involved. You can understand how it can be perceived that way? Fair enough. I appreciate that.

Not to mention I DO NOT want to watch a guy hit who has a 2 percent walk rate in AAA. We have that guy already.

Pitchers-as-hitters have walked in 2.3% of their plate appearances so far in 2015. So I think we can assume that there won't be any falloff from Alvarez' AAA plate discipline, he's already at the theoretical minimum.

Thanks for responding. It's hard to not take it as a jab when it clearly was my comment and I wasn't involved. You can understand how it can be perceived that way? Fair enough. I appreciate that.

NP.

I joke, a lot, probably too much.

I promise you if I have a real issue with you I will PM you.

I thought Alvarez was a COF, thanks.

Cabrera is not a backup CF, according to Paul.

The backup center fielder would be Julio Borbon. If Jones gets hurt you play your emergency CFer for four innings or whatever, and that is Alvarez or Cabrera or Flaherty or whomever. By the next game Borbon has utilized the modern miracle of air travel to get to wherever the Orioles are.

While I can appreciate that everyone (including a major league player) can make mistakes, forgetting the number of outs when running the bases is a major mental mistake. Obviously, Snider ran the Orioles out of the inning. I believe that every manager can live with their players making physical mistakes, ( i.e.errors) however, a lapse in concentration will drive any manager nuts. ( Especially when it occurs in the middle of a five game skid.)

Archived