The Curse of Delmon Rages On

Rene88

Minus the jackass part I feel you. Life hits realllllllly hard sometimes and this baseball stuff is truly just a game. My mom in the very advanced stages of Alzheimer's and I'm there every day for her.

When that kind of stuff comes into your life a little losing streak registers pretty low on that old totem pole.

My condolences to you as well.

I know where you are coming from. My dad had that horrible disease.

I just don't get overly upset at a loss. I want the O's to win. If not so be it. They'll

get them next game.

• 2 weeks later...
Sure, we've tried the 25 man roster and that doesn't seem to work too well. We did pretty well with 24, so let's give 24.5 a shot.

Curses in baseball is a real thing.. ask the Cubs over the goat or Boston before Pedro said "Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I’ll drill him in the ass, pardon me the word.”

Baseball is sport of superstition. Always has been. I have my superstitions, 12 years removed from the game in a level that could get you a pro contract. I even have my superstitions with the Orioles. Every game Ubaldo pitches, do my toss routine, 150 tosses from 30', 60' 90', 120' and 150' with my friend who is also a diehard O's fan. I'll listen to the 9th inning on the radio as I did as a kid during the '90s.

• 1 month later...

41-36 with Delmon (.532), 28-37 without Delmon (.431).

Yeah.

And a few days ago, Frobby dug up this interesting tidbit.

The Orioles are 51-42 when J.J. Hardy starts, 16-30 when he doesn't.

The Orioles are 58-68 when Adam Jones starts, 9-4 when he doesn't.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/150040-One-of-those-odd-stats

Obviously in all of these cases (Delmon Young, J.J. Hardy, Adam Jones), correlation does not necessarily imply causation.

Archived