Orioles interested in Justin Upton, others

jamesenoch

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles are definitely at the back of the line. Houston, ChC, LA, Pittsburgh, KC all have more commodities to trade and the Orioles will have to choose from what is left.

I would really like to see them pick up Parra. I don't think it will cost much and he can be controlled next year. And he plays fantastic defense.

They all have more commodities, yes, but that doesn't mean they'll automatically offer the best package. It's all about who values what how much.

They all have more commodities, yes, but that doesn't mean they'll automatically offer the best package. It's all about who values what how much.

Other than rooting for us to win, we also should be rooting for all the teams not in first place in their divisions to lose. The farther teams get back, the more sellers there are on the market. Drive down the costs on some of these guys. So root agains the usual AL East teams plus the Tigers, Astros, Mets and Cubs.

This might be the first time that Orioles and creativity have been used in the same sentence.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Oh, come on. Duquette is the guy who used the invisible ink uninvisible-afier on the rulebook to figure out that there was a third-level paternity leave roster to keep guys on for 48 hours while they're awaiting the birth of their nephew, so he could essentially have a 32-man roster.

Looks to me like our pitching is doing a lot better than the Red Sox the past couple years. Those names are guys they promoted as starters. Maybe you can remind me of all the ML pitching talent the Red Sox have developed since 2011? Or are we only going to rate their success by their Mil reputation?

I would have to go back and look. I generally recall that Boston has opted for FA fixes at the ML level, but I could be wrong that there have been some supposed blue chippers that have flamed out. I'd be surprised if it was a crazy number, but I honestly don't know. That was sort of my point with the Workman/Doubront ding -- these aren't hyped arms that didn't come through. They were simply potential MLB contributors, no?

I think the arms Boston had at Triple-A this year trumps anything they've had in recent memory, but even with a collection of potentially solid to good MLB arms they really don't have a front ender in the group (Owens, Rodriguez, Barnes, Johnson). All look like mid-rotation upside types. That's still super valuable if you fill one or two rotation spots with them, of course.

This might be the first time that Orioles and creativity have been used in the same sentence.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Really? I wouldn't say that. If anything they might be criticized for being too creative.

I would have to go back and look. I generally recall that Boston has opted for FA fixes at the ML level, but I could be wrong that there have been some supposed blue chippers that have flamed out. I'd be surprised if it was a crazy number, but I honestly don't know. That was sort of my point with the Workman/Doubront ding -- these aren't hyped arms that didn't come through. They were simply potential MLB contributors, no?

I think the arms Boston had at Triple-A this year trumps anything they've had in recent memory, but even with a collection of potentially solid to good MLB arms they really don't have a front ender in the group (Owens, Rodriguez, Barnes, Johnson). All look like mid-rotation upside types. That's still super valuable if you fill one or two rotation spots with them, of course.

I'll save you the time. The Red Sox have a miserable track record of developing pitchers since 2011. Their development of position players hasn't been much better much better. But yeah they do have plenty money for free agents and at least haven't buried themselves too badly with 10 year 250 million dollar deals.

I'll save you the time. The Red Sox have a miserable track record of developing pitchers since 2011. Their development of position players hasn't been much better much better. But yeah they do have plenty money for free agents and at least haven't buried themselves too badly with 10 year 250 million dollar deals.

And the Dodgers new (make a splash, be bold!) billionaire owners bailed them out so they could compete for one last season. The End.

And the Dodgers new (make a splash, be bold!) billionaire owners bailed them out so they could compete for one last season. The End.

Yeah, that's true with respect to Crawford. That was a horrible signing. But Adrian Gonzalez was a good player and a good contract.

Either is K-Rod and we ended up getting him. I would rather have Cespedes over Gomez or Justin Upton.

Gomez > Cespedes > Upton for me, mainly because of the extra year of control, but you can't argue Yoenis' power.

Seems like the Orioles are linked with everybody under the sun. I don't know if this is because DD said the team would be active, and agents are floating the info out to the press, or if the Orioles really are talking to people. We'll just have to see. They need to have a winning week so they're still close enough to a playoff spot to make sense of a trade.

Casey Stern and Jim Bowden said on their MLB Network Radio show today that the Orioles should trade Gausman for Carlos Gomez. No other names discussed.

Stern, of course, also said the Yankees could go to the World Series without making any moves. At the same time, he said of the O's, "an Orioles team that is not that good but somehow still finds itself in the race."

Archived