Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

@DavidHallVP: RHP Mike Wright will join the #Orioles from AAA Norfolk as a just-in-case arm. @ECUBaseball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just making it easier for the Tigers to take Cespedes.. I see ya Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let the results speak. I don't know but he has called many things right.

Nothing right. He is a criminal who cheats people and uses folks like you to make his magic seem real. He is not a source.

Let the results speak. I don't know but he has called many things right.

I will post my opinion about this whether this guess is right or not. And there is great evidence to think that it will be a correct guess. He is not a source.

Was buried in overall trade thread, but I see no reason for Trumbo not to be in the Bruce/Cespedes/Revere corner rental mix this afternoon.

He's in a buy low place right now, park effects influence him pretty heavily there.

Terrible OBP resulting in a lowly .712 OPS and a 96 OPS+. Not an upgrade over what we've been throwing out there.

Pretty sure you just answered your own question here.

The problem never really was his expected production over the next year or two but the latter half of a 4 year deal. To turn around and give up prospects for him isn't going to happen.

You're right, it won't happen. But hey, sometimes it doesn't hurt to admit you screwed up. "We thought our offense would be OK if we plugged Travis Snyder into Cruz's spot... but it didn't work out. At all. Welcome back!" :o

What if Seattle ate a few $Mil on the 4th year?

Still not going to offer anything of value for him, and if Seattle is paying towards the 4th year they'll want a higher ranked prospect. It really just isn't a possibility.

You're right, it won't happen. But hey, sometimes it doesn't hurt to admit you screwed up. "We thought our offense would be OK if we plugged Travis Snyder into Cruz's spot... but it didn't work out. At all. Welcome back!" :o

Oh absolutely. They better be able to admit that throwing the likes of Snider, Lough, Reimold, De Aza, etc. out there didn't work. If they had the chance to do it over again I would hope they would have tried harder to get him on a 3 year deal, probably for more annual salary. Perhaps they'll attempt to pass him through waivers in August and let him go if claimed.

Even if they admit they screwed the pooch on it they aren't going to go as far as giving up anything of value for him, so Seattle wouldn't bother to return the call.

Archived