vs. TIGERS 8/02

scOtt

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeh, if they have good changeups and curves. Norris lives off his fastball. Of course, JJ just bunted on the first pitch and Paredes jammed himself for a DP so who knows. That was terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Down 3 to start the game you can't give away precious opportunities like that. Awful decision to bunt. Even if it was a successful sac I'd still hate it.

I think our strategy in this game (and any game against the Tigers this year) should be keep it close (if we can't tie it or take the lead) and get to their awful bullpen as quickly as possible.

Right. And giving Norris free outs is NOT the way to do that.

Where are all the "small ball" enthusiasts who want the O's to "do the little things"?

I hate giving away outs, and always have. There are rare occasions when a sacrifice is a good idea, but down by three in the second inning is not one of them.

DeAza did that in NY vs the Mets earlier in the year in exact same spot I think. 1st and 2nd down 3 runs maybe 5th inning.

DeAza at least has speed. Don't know what Hardy was thinking but what's done is done. We got this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is the ump by the way? Welke I think I heard. I think he's been around a while. Don't know his reputation but surprised if this is a vet ump. Bright side is I think Ubaldo is settling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know... Welke has been around for a long time.

Archived