When Will Ryan Flaherty Get a Hit Again?

Rene88

You can make an argument for Flaherty being here (except playing first base). But Lough???I don't buy defensive replacement. The guy has 1 double and 1 triple. Strikes out the first 3 times at bat, grounds out the 4th. Does he maybe try something different, like lay down a bunt when he leads off an inning. Parmalee has more upside than Lough IMO.

I believe those were his first four plate appearances of the month, so I'd give him a little slack. Of course, that game does not go extra innings if someone other than Lough is in LF. I don't think any other possible left fielder (on the O's) catches that ball Giovatelli hit in the first inning.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe those were his first four plate appearances of the month, so I'd give him a little slack. Of course, that game does not go extra innings if someone other than Lough is in LF. I don't think any other possible left fielder (on the O's) catches that ball Giovatelli hit in the first inning.

That was a nice catch, but you could also say that if they had someone that could hit in that position the O's might have scored more. As far as first AB's this month, that's on Buck. But Lough as a bench player has to do things to make himself ready. He looked anything but.

Archived