When Will Ryan Flaherty Get a Hit Again?

Rene88

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say this because I was a believer in this guy earlier, but it may be time to option him soon and let him clear his head in the minors. Not sure who we could bring up to fill his role, though. Who else can back up Hardy, Machado, and Schoop? I guess Pearce can back up Schoop and Davis/Paredes/Schoop can back up Manny. But we'd need someone to back up Hardy for sure. It just breaks my heart because I've always appreciated Flash's effort.

I hate to say this because I was a believer in this guy earlier, but it may be time to option him soon and let him clear his head in the minors. Not sure who we could bring up to fill his role, though. Who else can back up Hardy, Machado, and Schoop? I guess Pearce can back up Schoop and Davis/Paredes/Schoop can back up Manny. But we'd need someone to back up Hardy for sure. It just breaks my heart because I've always appreciated Flash's effort.

I don't think you send him down.. but you do bench him as a defensive replacement.

I think sending him down to Norfolk would be a smart move actually. He is the kinda player that benefits from more AB's and we could use him in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anyone else who can back Hardy up at short? I guess Manny could, I suppose, with Davis or Paredes shifting to third and Wieters covering first. The other minor league shortstops aren't very good.

Is there anyone else who can back Hardy up at short? I guess Manny could, I suppose, with Davis or Paredes shifting to third and Wieters covering first. The other minor league shortstops aren't very good.

Schoop could for a few innings if he must.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Paul Janish is very good actually, he just isn't a great hitter. Having said that, he has improved this year IMO.

Tonight?

Tomorrow?

2016?

It is certain?

Outlook good?

In days that end in nugget?

Yeah, lets DFA him and go get a real UTIF who plays 6 positions well, can hit for power plus average and OBP. They grow on trees.:rolleyestf:

Yeah, lets DFA him and go get a real UTIF who plays 6 positions well, can hit for power plus average and OBP. They grow on trees.:rolleyestf:

I know you are being sarcastic but there just has to be someone out there better than Ryan.

Probably not one that can play so many positions. But Ryan is a AAAA player at best AND can not hit!

I just think there has to be a time where you cut bait and move on. Will it take 2 players to replace Ryan's defense? Probably. But how do other teams handle this situation?

I know you are being sarcastic but there just has to be someone out there better than Ryan.

Probably not one that can play so many positions. But Ryan is a AAAA player at best AND can not hit!

I just think there has to be a time where you cut bait and move on. Will it take 2 players to replace Ryan's defense? Probably. But how do other teams handle this situation?

Toronto has Kawasaki who plays rarely and hits under .200, Goins now backup at ss after Tulo arrived, Cabella backs up first and left.

Yankees use Brendan Ryan as backup, he plays much less than Flaherty.

You don't get it, you don't get good utility players that can hit. If they could they wouldn't be utility players. And why waste an extra slot on the 25 man to replace one role player with two. How many PA per season are we talking about? Since the ASB Flash as played in 11 G for 38 PA. That's hardly enough AB to have much of an effect on the outcomes, but I bet his glove has contributed to a few RS. If Parmelee had been any good Flaherty would have got even less playing time. People keep saying he can't hit but he does, just not consistently. He isn't a full time starter. Basically he goes o for, and people want his head. Just more reactionary stupidity.This team has a lot more to worry about than finding a better utility IF.

I don't think anyone was saying he isn't valuable:) are you having a conversation with yourself?:) his bat however is ice cold.

I don't think anyone was saying he isn't valuable:) are you having a conversation with yourself?:) his bat however is ice cold.

Apparently you didn't bother to read this thread where people are suggesting we send him to Norfolk, etc. But who cares if a utility UF who gets 38 PA in 30 games has a cold bat. Total silliness.

Archived