Saturday's patriotic singer

Creamsicle

I forget her name, but she won me over doing SSB when she CORRECTLY pronounced the word "perilous" [way over half the singers pronounce it 'per-oh-liss']. But then in the 7th inning stretch she lost me with "purple mountain majesties".

Whatever, I'm just waiting for the next TBJ series so I can yell "O" during the other anthem again.

When The Tides played in Durham last week, I leaned over to my wife to nudge her to do the "oh!" at the appropriate time. Away from Oriole Park, I say it a little louder than my speaking voice, but she cut loose with an Edith Bunker "oh" and it kinda startled me. I think she assumed I was gonna be loud. Uh ... no Honey. We were near the press box and I'm sure it sounded like a crazed O's fan on the radio feed. Guilty as charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When The Tides played in Durham last week, I leaned over to my wife to nudge her to do the "oh!" at the appropriate time. Away from Oriole Park, I say it a little louder than my speaking voice, but she cut loose with an Edith Bunker "oh" and it kinda startled me. I think she assumed I was gonna be loud. Uh ... no Honey. We were near the press box and I'm sure it sounded like a crazed O's fan. Guilty as charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "O" does hold true in Norfolk, Delmarva and Bowie. Definitely not in DC though.

Going to Fred-neck this weekend, I will see if it is the same out there (my guess is yes).

The "O" does hold true in Norfolk, Delmarva and Bowie. Definitely not in DC though.

Going to Fred-neck this weekend, I will see if it is the same out there (my guess is yes).

It's a definite YES in Fredneck. And bring a chain full of keys with you to make some noise.

I used to be against us O's fans doing the OOOOO thing during the national anthem anywhere but Baltimore, but... eh, it's fun - so why not?

Archived