Orioles Secret Weapon

orioles4lyfe

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but for a change, this writer actually knows what he is talking about.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/61912/baseballs-secret-weapons-orioles-cardinals-bullpens

Also, I expect our pen to only get better in September with some of the reinforcements on the way! They are really making up for the starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice enough piece, but anyone that doesn't know the O's bullpen is a weapon isn't paying attention.

I think that a lot of people don't pay attention to the Orioles in the first place unless they make the postseason, and/or they stomp their way to a division title by double digits, as they did last year.

So perhaps Schoenfield's piece is at least somewhat revealing.

I think that a lot of people don't pay attention to the Orioles in the first place unless they make the postseason, and/or they stomp their way to a division title by double digits, as they did last year.

So perhaps Schoenfield's piece is at least somewhat revealing.

These are the same people who thought we would be demolished by detroit. Can we just ignore ESPN?

Also, I expect our pen to only get better in September with some of the reinforcements on the way! They are really making up for the starters.

Yep, put a couple more solid relievers in the pen for September and Buck becomes a very dangerous manager. He's nursed the pen along beautifully to this point and it will be great when he has some extra bodies out there.

These are the same people who thought we would be demolished by detroit. Can we just ignore ESPN?

Every writer affiliated with ESPN is not the same. Also it's not surprising that the Tigers were favored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting stat I heard today. Previous to this year the best record by a team in games in which they scored 4 runs or fewer relative to .500 was the '69 Mets who were 52-51, one game over. This year's Cardinal team is currently 7 games over .500 in games in which they score 4 or less. That bullpen is scary good.

Interesting stat I heard today. Previous to this year the best record by a team in games in which they scored 4 runs or fewer relative to .500 was the '69 Mets who were 52-51, one game over. This year's Cardinal team is currently 7 games over .500 in games in which they score 4 or less. That bullpen is scary good.

I was really surprised to see that the Mets held that record. Incredibly, they had 17 games where they only scored one run -- and won 9 of them!

Archived