3/29Introduction of Nationals Park

Crazysilver03

Ugly looking play by Jones there.

I don't like these camera angle's by MASN, it's hard to get a read on the fly balls.

You can thank the Nats for putting their press area above the last row of seats in the stadium for that.

In most places the camera that shoots the field on grounders and flyballs is in the press area in between the upper and lower levels.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I will always temper my long term enthusiasm re: Loewen due to the labrum tear. That is the type of injury that can be fine, fine, fine, fine, and then boom you're out of baseball. It may never rear it's ugly head for AL, but I doubt it.

The problem is his haircut!

NOT his arm!:(

It's hard to know what to make of Bierd.

I think he's most similar to a knuckleballer. He basically throws that same pitch over and over and throws his fastball occasionally as a change-of-pace.

That is a nasty little pitch. I saw it in ST and couldn't get a feel for it at all. Curveball looking release with a split/circle change movement.

I can see why their excited by Bierd. Seems like he might be a good addition to the bullpen. Gave up a long fly ball, but that's nothing to complain about. Bases loaded and one out and only one run in? Not bad at all.

Bergmann is a biitch to hit if he is keeping the ball down and not hanging his slider. He is doing both of those things.

Which is why you've got to manufacture some runs when he gives you baserunners. Runs are going to be hard to come by for this squad. Hurry up and develop, Wieters, Reimold, Snyder and Rowell.

Archived