A potential storm brewing?

Babypowder

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not true. They got county funding in Sept 2014 for the stadium. The bridge over 285 was in question.

County is paying for half of the stadium costs. Braves are gonna drop about $1.1b in on the whole project. Well Liberty Media.

Sorry, June 29th, I rounded up.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna-vinings/2015/06/29/supreme-court-braves-stadium-bonds/29455303/

The Supreme Court of Georgia unanimously upheld a Cobb County court's ruling that authorized nearly $400 million in bonds to build the new Atlanta Braves stadium.

Doesn't matter. Just to show you it doesn't matter.. They are laying brick already. Stadium was approved and no court was gonna overturn a massive construction project which was gonna be built with or without county money. County's money would have been used for the multi purpose area around the stadium..... Hotel, office buildings, parking and so on.

Don't believe for one second something was just "approved". This was a sure thing going back to 2013.

Doesn't matter. Just to show you it doesn't matter.. They are laying brick already. Stadium was approved and no court was gonna overturn a massive construction project which was gonna be built with or without county money. County's money would have been used for the multi purpose area around the stadium..... Hotel, office buildings, parking and so on.

Don't believe for one second something was just "approved". This was a sure thing going back to 2013.

It does matter. They can assume and start building all they wanted but until the case was decided the "final hurdle" was not cleared.

I agree that the opposition was doomed to fail, it seems they always are in these cases.

It does matter. They can assume and start building all they wanted but until the case was decided the "final hurdle" was not cleared.

I agree that the opposition was doomed to fail, it seems they always are in these cases.

Again the stadium was gonna be built with or without county money. Braves would have cut out the extra stuff and left the country to pay for instead of Liberty Media. Which the legal challenge would have been moot.

Payroll did not go up to retain or improve the team. We let 3 players core to our 96 win season leave. We tried to replace them with guys like Snider, Parmalee, and so on. The real talent on this team understood the replacements weren't close to what we lost.

Dude, you get that the team needs to spend money or develop the talent.

Some folks let numbers override common sense. There's no such thing as a "spend anything" group or mentality on the OH.

The outright excuse making for the Orioles front office remains astonishing and sad.

Don't let 'em grind you down, that's their m.o. They gang up on anyone who doesn't agree with them. Stand your ground, you and several million other Orioles fans understand what needs to happen for this team to become successful.

MSK

Dude, you get that the team needs to spend money or develop the talent.

Some folks let numbers override common sense. There's no such thing as a "spend anything" group or mentality on the OH.

The outright excuse making for the Orioles front office remains astonishing and sad.

Don't let 'em grind you down, that's their m.o. They gang up on anyone who doesn't agree with them. Stand your ground, you and several million other Orioles fans understand what needs to happen for this team to become successful.

MSK

Pretty sure everyone here thinks the O's need to work on developing talent.

I think most of us wish they would spend more to acquire and develop talent.

A 10 million increase in that budget will do more long-term good then signing Cruz or Miller.

Pretty sure everyone here thinks the O's need to work on developing talent.

I think most of us wish they would spend more to acquire and develop talent.

A 10 million increase in that budget will do more long-term good then signing Cruz or Miller.

Hater. I love the groupthink here. All the smart fans know that increasing payroll from $80M to almost $120M in 3-4 years means you hate Baltimore, but $150M would mean you're committed to winning.

Archived