Would you fire Duquette?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Duquette?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe before hand, but I can dig up the posts where you are one of his more ardent supporters when he was going bad last season.

I can support the player, but I didn't support the signing. I don't want the guy to fail. There *were* good stretches last year. But he was the wrong player at the wrong time. Hence my point.

A good organization doesn't make a panic move the first time something goes wrong. Duquette has his flaws and I don't like every decision he's made, but you don't fire a guy who has had the success he's had here the past three years after one losing season, even if he doesn't deserve all of the credit for the success.

But the O's would have failed to develop him.

Right?

Right here is my problem with threads like this. There are some legitimate criticisms/questions about the team at this point but they get utterly buried by scapegoating. The notion that the outcome of something as complex as a baseball season can be the responsibility of a single person is extraordinary.

Do we even know what that was?

I forgot about Matt Albers. Not really a huge impact (1 WAR in 3 seasons). But getting 12 WAR out of a 31 year old (33?) Tejada in the midst of a PED scandal was pretty damn good.

No, I will have to look for it. I did find this though.

However, Foxsports.com has reported that the Angels offered Ervin Santana and Triple-A shortstop Erick Aybar for Tejada and one Angels source would not confirm nor deny the report according to the Los Angeles Times.

Right here is my problem with threads like this. There are some legitimate criticisms/questions about the team at this point but they get utterly buried by scapegoating. The notion that the outcome of something as complex as a baseball season can be the responsibility of a single person is extraordinary.

It just doesn't seem like good logic. You trade a young arm that shows potential for 20 appearances from a guy who eventually signs with another division rival.

If you are going to do that you need to sign Miller.

Just my .02 but I am not trading my young arms for rentals when I have to build from my own farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just doesn't seem like good logic. You trade a young arm that shows potential for 20 appearances from a guy who eventually signs with another division rival.

Just my .02 but I am not trading my young arms for rentals when I have to build from my own farm.

So, the young arms he's brought into the organization this year via trade don't count? It's not like it's been all one way. And if Harvey is healthy next season, everything changes.

They didn't need Miller for 162.

They needed him for 11.

Would they have picked Posey the following year? He has been much better than Matt. Maybe Andy would have been proven right.

I do not think so -- Posey was floating a $10 MM bonus number the night before the draft (which is why he dropped to SanFran; Tampa very much wanted him but couldn't spend $10 MM and didn't want to risk not signing a 1st overall pick).

Archived