Buck Accuses Sabathia of Throwing at Davis?

brianod

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly in the game, I did not think he was throwing at him. The one at his head was TOO bad a pitch to be intended to hit him. It is very rare you see someone intentionally aim at someone's head. The other was on a full count. I think he was trying to pitch inside, and jam Davis, but was wild because of rust, and maybe nerves.

Honestly in the game, I did not think he was throwing at him. The one at his head was TOO bad a pitch to be intended to hit him. It is very rare you see someone intentionally aim at someone's head. The other was on a full count. I think he was trying to pitch inside, and jam Davis, but was wild because of rust, and maybe nerves.

Showalter on Davis, who reached base five times:

"They throw a ball over this head, hit him. Not intentionally, but that's the type of stuff good hitters have to deal with. They're pitching him hard in. Much like (Nick) Markakis. It reminded me a lot of how they used to have to pitch Nick in there with (CC) Sabathia. Chris hung in there and never gave in and made them pay."

Showalter on Davis, who reached base five times:

"They throw a ball over this head, hit him. Not intentionally, but that's the type of stuff good hitters have to deal with. They're pitching him hard in. Much like (Nick) Markakis. It reminded me a lot of how they used to have to pitch Nick in there with (CC) Sabathia. Chris hung in there and never gave in and made them pay."

Thanks-- I was just about to post this. (Source: http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/09/wrapping-up-a-5-3-win.html)

Seems pretty clear that Buck was specifically not accusing Sabathia of throwing at Davis intentionally. So the entire premise of this thread is wrong.

The season is over. Why not land a punch on the fat man? He's throwing at your head. Davis is going to be the one doing the hurting.

I'd rather we throw at their players than rush the mound, but I wouldn't mind charging the mound if they are throwing at your head and it's pretty obvious what they are doing.

Because teams with honor and class and integrity let the other team wallow in the muck. I think a Showalter-led team is above that kind of childishness. Buck respected Earl, and Earl's philosophy on beanball wars and fights was to never get into them because they cost you too much.

Thanks-- I was just about to post this. (Source: http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/09/wrapping-up-a-5-3-win.html)

Seems pretty clear that Buck was specifically not accusing Sabathia of throwing at Davis intentionally. So the entire premise of this thread is wrong.

Could be a little clever misdirection by Buck there as not to set off a maelstrom of words between two rival clubhouses. He has never seemed like a man who chooses his words without some level of thought. He brings attention to it, but deflected with two words and yet people still have it in their minds.

Archived