FanFest December 12

eddie83

How does our 7 picks in the top 100 help the pitching in the foreseeable future?

Buck says its all about the pitching and that deals longer than three years stink for the club. So he wants a couple guys who have pitched on Froday nights.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck says its all about the pitching and that deals longer than three years stink for the club. So he wants a couple guys who have pitched on Froday nights.

Fan fest doesn't stink. The guys are great. It's fun to talk with them and look forward to next season.

No, he doesn't. The Orioles made prior attempts at signing Wieters and Davis and were rebuffed. Boras' FA weren't going to be signed before they had a chance to assess the market. In Wieters' case, he knew his value was down having missed much of the last two seasons. He's using the Orioles, at a substantial pay increase, to rebuild his value.

Donation bucket comment is kind of insulting honestly. The money is there, shut up and get something done. People donate with ticket purchases.

Agree with this, I love Buck but this was supposed to be funny but isn't.

More excuses again and I guess now they are saying we don't have the money to compete with these other franchises for top free agents.

No, he doesn't. The Orioles made prior attempts at signing Wieters and Davis and were rebuffed. Boras' FA weren't going to be signed before they had a chance to assess the market. In Wieters' case, he knew his value was down having missed much of the last two seasons. He's using the Orioles, at a substantial pay increase, to rebuild his value.

Here comes Brady. I'll ask him if he was misinterpreted. Because Tony is right. They all had opportunities before Free Agency.

Agree with this, I love Buck but this was supposed to be funny but isn't.

More excuses again and I guess now they are saying we don't have the money to compete with these other franchises for top free agents.

Oh. It was funny. Buck delivers his lines well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette said he hasn't talked to Davis. Everything has gone through Boras <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Donation bucket comment is kind of insulting honestly. The money is there, shut up and get something done. People donate with ticket purchases.

Yeah, normally I love Buck's sense of humor. But this really sounds the wrong note.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sitting 800 miles away here...

Is it possible the "donation bucket" comment was a backhanded way of telling CD that he's being greedy rather than a clumsy joke? I really, really want to stay upbeat about the offseason, but reading through this thread isn't helping at all.

Archived