Rosenthal Productions Presents: Trouble In Birdland

TonySoprano

If 2016 is a repeat of 2015, there will definitely be a shakeup somewhere. I'm guessing that this management team will get a mulligan on this season and will work together to build next year's team. I wouldn't be surprised to see some shakeup with management (not DD or Buck) at some level. Could be Peterson moving on...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Devils advocate here, do you really think any parties involved would actually admit to this and say "yes, the rumors are true" to the media, on the record?

Of course not. There have been tensions between the Showalter and Duquette factions for a while. Not paralyzing tensions, but tensions nonetheless. I don't think it's had a negative effect though.

First, the biggest problem with unnamed sources is that you can not judge their motivations. Does Brady Anderson want Duquette's job? If he does, could he be one of the unnamed sources? Is there someone in player development that wants to move up? Maybe that's the source? Is it someone inside Boston's or Toronto's front office that wouldn't mind tossing a hand grenade our way? You just can't tell whether an unnamed source has their own agenda.

Second, tension is not necessarily a bad thing. It keeps people on their toes. You think there's tension in Ravensland right now? Bet there is. I think that Dan and Buck both know that they need to do a better job next year. If we can win without Adam Jones and Zack Britton, why did we have that 3 week stretch of horrid play? Buck ultimately has to answer for that. I wasn't for giving either Markakis or Cruz the contracts that they got. But Dan will have to answer for failing to adequately address the corner outfield positions. There is plenty of blame to go around and both Dan and Buck wear big boy pants so they should be able to handle it.

Third, for all that, pitching was the real reason this team was left wanting in 2015. Tillman and Gonzalez seriously underperformed. Gausman has slowly developed at the Major League level. Chen's been solid but unspectacular. Bundy has been hurt and not ready for prime time - and now he's out of options. Coaching staffs fault for not get more out of these guys? Dan's fault for not bringing in a starter? Angelos for not letting them go after Max Scherzer in the off season? Or just players not performing (my vote).

So, I think that the story isn't "false", but that it is overstated. Tension, sure, there should be. Disaster in the making? I think that's a bit much.

Of course not. There have been tensions between the Showalter and Duquette factions for a while. Not paralyzing tensions, but tensions nonetheless. I don't think it's had a negative effect though.
Isn't the key word here factions? Backbiting from the underlings and people running to Rosenthal.

I did some searching and found this, yes, back in 2010, I suspect its still close to the truth.

Highest price GM is $3M and Billy Ball.

Average is 2.5.

Said, most earn between 500K and 2 million.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Billy-Beane-other-MLB-GMs-are-underpaid-050510

Dodgers are paying Friedman almost twice that now. Cubs are paying a lot more to Maddon.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Remind me how much was reported about turmoil within the Red Sox before they jumped on Dave Dombrowski as quickly as possible. Speaking of Dombrowski, was there a lot of buildup in the media prior to his resignation from Detroit? Obviously there was discontentment within those two organizations, huge disappointments each. I can't imagine the Lerners are happy with 2015 either, and yet it's Baltimore gets the Rosenthal melodrama treatment. Maybe there is some truth to this, maybe not. However, the timing of this speaks of a tired "journalist" who has run out of ideas to write about and returns yet again to an agenda that despite years away from Baltimore has never resolved. Rosenthal's article is like leftovers brought out of the freezer from six month ago, and reheated, but the taste it leaves behind is still rancid. Get over it, Ken. You're a little man in both stature and temperment.

No doubt this is 80% Rosenthal agenda and 20 % tempest in a tea pot, but Duq XM had some interesting observations today. He said there is still some left over dead wood on the organization, and back biting from factions. He said this is something PA actually encourages. He tells both sides that they are the guy, and thus there are no clear lines of authority.

Archived