Is it ok to give up on Miguel Gonzalez?

weams

The logical decision is that Dan Duquette overspent his allowance and had to cut ties w/ a relatively cheap, optionable starting pitching asset. Are you forget about the option? The O's have optioned him in the past. Gonzo has always been a team first kind of guy.

Areas where he spent money this offseason have all delivered better than Gonzo. Trumbo, Wiet, Davis and even O'Day (despite injury). Gallardo, maybe not, but he's comparable to Gonzo right now, has a track record and seems to be trending in the right direction at this point.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonzo's numbers indicate that our fears about him continuing on last year's decline have proved warranted. He's worse than he was last year. Confirmed. Dan was right. The end.

Either we all complain that he's this year's Bud Norris, or we complain that he's gone. We are decisively indecisive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• They’ve added a handful of additional receivers in the UDFA class https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/rumor-mill-ravens-undrafed-free-agent-tracker-2024-nfl  
    • Didn't see today's game in it's entirety but I will say this.  I feel 100% more confident with Mateo playing second and turning  a DP rather than JH right now.  JH will be fine there.  In time.   But even forgetting his hitting, D wise he just isn't there yet.   And yes I know the metrics say he is fine.  But to me, using the eye test, he looked very shaky fielding and throwing,
    • I like Kevin.  He is constantly improving.  My only beef is that he doesn't seem to understand that a foul ball isn't always out of play.   A ball can be hit foul, but still be in the field of play. 
    • My preferred day 3 WR would have been Troy Franklin, but he apparently had a bad combine on positional drills (which might have been because he had the flu.)  And he got picked by Denver pretty early.   Devontez Walker is kind of intriguing.  He's 6'2", barely.   A bit on the skinny side but ran in the mid-4.3s.  His route tree is pretty limited, mostly short quickouts/slants and go/post routes. But he's really good at the deep routes.  Sort of a discount DK.  He's reported to have good hands and good deep ball tracking ability as well.  We have to see how that translates in the pro game.
    • Adley looks way more energized and McCann is veteran catcher who is good defensively and handles the pitchers well.  Doesn't really make sense to wear Adley out when the O's are using him at the top of the lineup. 
    • Just seems like a more controlled swing from the right side, shorter, flatter.
    • He was signed in the Covid year when they only had a 5 round draft, which is why he was undrafted.  Was showing promise bur tore his UCL in 2022.  Pitched a little last year, this is his first full year back.  Nice to see the good outing.  
  • Popular Contributors