Duquette on Re-signing Davis and Offseason Priorities

Slappy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have a problem with the approach it just didn't pan out. It would have been better if we had traded for Seth Smith and signed Aokie, but pretty much the same idea as Snider and De Aza. Besides Cruz there were no big splash FA OF/DH.

The problem is this: does anyone actually think Duquette will address Davis leaving without some budget/AAAA move like calling up Christian Walker or another Parmelee type? Look at how he handled the LF and RF spots last season. It was an absolute disaster.

If you let your RF and DH go and you have vacancies at LF, RF and DH, you don't play the damn lottery and throw a bunch of fodder at it and hope that something sticks. That's been Duquette's MO since he started with us.

I think we will leave 1B vacant...the pitcher will cover on all plays.

Without Davis this team would have been way under .500. With Cruz and Jake Arietta 2.0

this team wins the division. Depressing! How did they let Cruz go

when he carried the team on his back all year. Heads should roll.

He didn't. .214 .283 .398 .681 from June 1 through August 31 2014.

Without Davis this team would have been way under .500. With Cruz and Jake Arietta 2.0

With decent starting pitching this team is in the playoffs.

I will give you a chance to retract that comment about Cruz carrying the team all year.

I don't see how they can say they are making competitive offers to all the FA and still reduce the payroll, unless they are lying.

They didn't say they are making competitive offers to all the FA. It was reported that they discussed that in their meeting, but the reporters got the info second-hand. They haven't made any public commitments to fans about what they are going to do, as far as I know, except in the broadest of generalities.

Without Davis, this team would have been way under .500.

With Cruz and Jake Arietta, this team wins the division.

Depressing!

How did they let Cruz go when he carried the team on his back all year? Heads should roll.

With decent starting pitching this team is in the playoffs.

Yes.

Our starting pitching overall this past season was awful.

That was the biggest problem on the team by far.

As Roy Firestone asserted more than a year ago ...... It all begins with decent starting pitching.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/141339-It-all-begins-with-decent-starting-pitching

Archived