SP and OF Trade Targets

orioles4lyfe

If the Dodgers are ready to cut ties, I want Puig. But that's obviously a big "if" and I have no idea what it would take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the type of move we need to luck into. We'd probably have to take on a salary though since we don't really have any trade assets other than Britton and the comp pick.

Maybe puig and ethier for ubaldo.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last year, Ubaldo WAR - 2.6

Kemp - .6

Tyson Ross had a 3.1 WAR in 2015 and a 2.80 ERA on the road. Kemp could be a 2 to 3 WAR guy playing primarily at DH and as a CO against lefties.

Ubaldo is just as likely to give us 0 WAR next season as he is 2. The guy is as inconsistent as they come.

Tyson Ross had a 3.1 WAR in 2015 and a 2.80 ERA on the road. Kemp could be a 2 to 3 WAR guy playing primarily at DH and as a CO against lefties.

Ubaldo is just as likely to give us 0 WAR next season as he is 2. The guy is as inconsistent as they come.

He has averaged 2.5 WAR per season through all that inconsistency.

Ubaldo is better than Kemp. If both were free.

Really? Lets not get carried away here!

Kemp is owed 21,750,000 for 16, 17 , 18 , & 19

The Dodgers are paying 3.5 for each of those seasons.

So 18.2 is still owed by the Padres

He can be counted for 25 homers and 80-100 rbis.

I'd be interested if the Padres were dumping and willing to pay 5 million per.

AT 13.2 per he'd be worth it if he can OPS near .800 and you may get better performance if he DHs.

AT 13.2 per he'd be worth it if he can OPS near .800 and you may get better performance if he DHs.

I agree. Buck kept Cruz healthy and reinvented his career so to speak. Kemp could mash at OPACY.

Not carried away. Ubaldo is better.

Just going by last year. Neither were having great seasons. Kemp was not negative WAR at least.

Not carried away. Ubaldo is better.

Just going by last year. Neither were having great seasons. Kemp was not negative WAR at least.

I cant see how .280 25-30 Hrs and 80-100 RBIs is real bad. Can you enlighten me?

As helmet said I think he could mash at OPACY. If he could DH he'd lose any negative fielding value.

I cant see how .280 25-30 Hrs and 80-100 RBIs is real bad. Can you enlighten me?

As helmet said I think he could mash at OPACY. If he could DH he'd lose any negative fielding value.

I just looked at Kemps numbers from 2015. Much better than I even thought. I'd be on board for Kemp. Tyler Wilson and Brian Matusz for Kemp and cash.

Ok. Make San Diego send the cash then, don;t cancel him out by sending Ubaldo. And by the way. They won't.

Ok. Make San Diego send the cash then, don;t cancel him out by sending Ubaldo. And by the way. They won't.

I think you give them Ubaldo and get also Ross back. Of course we would have to give them something else of value if we want them to give us cash back. Maybe Mike Wright and David Hess?

I would be willing to pay Kemp 13 to 14 mil of the 18 mil owed over the next four years if it means we are getting Ross back and shedding Ubaldo's salary. Kemp can DH 130 games and play sparingly in RF or LF and likely give us 2 to 3 games in OWAR. He's still got above average speed despite some of the injuries.

You have to give something to get something despite the way many people on this board want to view trades and free agency.

I'd be down with Kemp at 13 mil. Would slot in nicely at the 5 spot and offer Davis some protection (assuming we re-sign Davis). A Machado-Jones-Davis-Kemp-Weiters-Schoop 2-7 would be pretty solid. Would just need to add a leadoff/#2 hitter to that lineup.

The Orioles are not going to be able to afford adding Kemp, Davis, a leadoff hitter and a worthwhile SP. Three of those four, but not all four.

Florida listening to offers for Jose Fernandez, per MLBTR. A guy can dream.

There was some buzz yesterday surrounding the possibility of the Marlins dangling stud righty Jose Fernandez in trades after Craig Mish of Sirius XM tweeted that there is a “growing sentiment” inside and outside the organization that a deal could occur this winter. That’s hardly an indication that a deal is likely, but it wouldn’t be surprising for the Fish at least to listen. The Scott Boras client has three years of control remaining and doesn’t seem likely to sign an extension. While he’ll be rather affordable — MLBTR projects only a $2MM arbitration salary because of his limited innings last year — he’d also be a hotly-pursued trade piece that could potentially bring back a huge return of more controllable talent at or near the big league level.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/trade-market-tigers-closers-marlins-jose-fernandez.html

Florida listening to offers for Jose Fernandez, per MLBTR. A guy can dream.

There was some buzz yesterday surrounding the possibility of the Marlins dangling stud righty Jose Fernandez in trades after Craig Mish of Sirius XM tweeted that there is a “growing sentiment” inside and outside the organization that a deal could occur this winter. That’s hardly an indication that a deal is likely, but it wouldn’t be surprising for the Fish at least to listen. The Scott Boras client has three years of control remaining and doesn’t seem likely to sign an extension. While he’ll be rather affordable — MLBTR projects only a $2MM arbitration salary because of his limited innings last year — he’d also be a hotly-pursued trade piece that could potentially bring back a huge return of more controllable talent at or near the big league level.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/trade-market-tigers-closers-marlins-jose-fernandez.html

He will require a load of prospects. Who do we have to send them? Manny? Gausman? Schoop?

Archived