SP and OF Trade Targets

orioles4lyfe

Without trading someone from the major league roster (which I don't think Dan will do), I don't see us having the prospects to acquire an impact player. Looking at our minor league system from the perspective of another team's GM, I think the only prospects I'd be interested in are Sisco and Reyes. Bundy and Harvey have no trade value at this point, and the second tier of prospects (Mancini, Walker, Wright, Alvarez, Wilson, etc.) will probably only get us a Travis Snider-like return.

I'd prefer we not trade Sisco and Reyes unless it gets us an impact major leaguer under control for more than one year. Otherwise, sign free agents and let's hold onto our prospects, draft picks, international bonus slots, and build up our minor league system

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without trading someone from the major league roster (which I don't think Dan will do), I don't see us having the prospects to acquire an impact player. Looking at our minor league system from the perspective of another team's GM, I think the only prospects I'd be interested in are Sisco and Reyes. Bundy and Harvey have no trade value at this point, and the second tier of prospects (Mancini, Walker, Wright, Alvarez, Wilson, etc.) will probably only get us a Travis Snider-like return.

I'd prefer we not trade Sisco and Reyes unless it gets us an impact major leaguer under control for more than one year. Otherwise, sign free agents and let's hold onto our prospects, draft picks, international bonus slots, and build up our minor league system

Agreed. Minor league system has been depleted. It's need stocking. Either PA is going to be willing to spend, Dan is going to find some diamonds in the rough or we will just not be competitive this year.

Mancini, Wilson, Alvarez, Wright, Hess, Givens, Mountcastle, Heim, Fenter and Sisco are all desired to differing extents throughout the baseball world. What we could get back in trading any of them is something I would not even speculate on.

Mancini, Wilson, Alvarez, Wright, Hess, Givens, Mountcastle, Heim, Fenter and Sisco are all desired to differing extents throughout the baseball world. What we could get back in trading any of them is something I would not even speculate on.

Your slipping, Reyes belongs on that list to :)

The problem is, as we have seen in recent trades, the cost of talent is high unless your taking on payroll. Do we really want to trade multiple guys out of the small pool of bright prospects we have?

There is only 2 ways through the dilemma the Orioles are in. You either buy yourself a bridge with free agents and hope you draft well OR you go into full blown rebuild mode, sell what you can for prospects. I don't really see a viable third way through this that ends successfully.

Your slipping, Reyes belongs on that list to :)

The problem is, as we have seen in recent trades, the cost of talent is high unless your taking on payroll. Do we really want to trade multiple guys out of the small pool of bright prospects we have?

There is only 2 ways through the dilemma the Orioles are in. You either buy yourself a bridge with free agents and hope you draft well OR you go into full blown rebuild mode, sell what you can for prospects. I don't really see a viable third way through this that ends successfully.

I must have subconsciously wanted to keep Reyes. Or figured no one want him till they see how he hits without a hamate.

I don't think we acquire anything significant in a trade without taking on some money. Maybe we swap Ubaldo out for a slightly worse contract with another good cost controlled player coming back our way.

I know most people hate the idea, but the Padres are Shopping Matt Kemp and Tyson Ross. I would be on board with this kind of trade if the Padres were willing to eat some salary. We give them Ubaldo and a C level prospect or bullpen arm. I'm sure there are other salary dumps around baseball we may be able to take on in a similar kind of deal, but I'm not sure who else is available.

Kemp is a terrible contract. I want no part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why I said that they would have to eat some of the salary and take Ubaldo off our hands.

We don't have the minor league talent/depth to acquire anyone of real value in trade and likely won't be willing to part with anyone of value on the big league club, so what do you suggest? We need to be willing to absorb some salary. We don't have to trade for Kemp......but something like that is the avenue to really upgrading this team IMO.

Kemp is a terrible contract. I want no part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why I said that they would have to eat some of the salary and take Ubaldo off our hands.

We don't have the minor league talent/depth to acquire anyone of real value in trade and likely won't be willing to part with anyone of value on the big league club, so what do you suggest? We need to be willing to absorb some salary. We don't have to trade for Kemp......but something like that is the avenue to really upgrading this team IMO.

Ubaldo is better than Kemp. If both were free.

Archived