Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

They had no obligation to tender him. Obviously they coveted Clevenger to some degree.

Clevenger is arguably worth Gardenhoser or whatever one for one the way I see it. Seems to me that they traded away Trumbo just to be rid of his salary and got nothing else back.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It easy to sit back and said you would not have offered it now, after the fact.

We all said Angelos wouldn't never go more than 3 years and 10 million for a SP, and he did.

As much as I disagree with Angelos and his running the team prior to the arrival of Andy here, it probably a stretch to reach back and play the Belle fiasco card here.

Again, IMO.

Please find the post where I said I would give Wieters the QO? Stop saying we all said. It's not after the fact analysis for me. I would not have given him a QO and was surprised that they did. After seeing the Orioles gave Wieters the QO, my assessment at the time was that the Orioles probably had a behind the scenes agreement with Wieters or felt like they had on good order he would not accept. After he accepted, I said immediately that this was not a good deal for the Orioles and have stood my ground despite other disagreeing.

I have no issues with people that are ok with giving him the QO or even the people who think Wieters accepting was a good thing for the team, I just happen to disagree.

Clevenger is arguably worth Gardenhoser or whatever one for one the way I see it. Seems to me that they traded away Trumbo just to be rid of his salary and got nothing else back.

But they didn't owe him 9 million, they didn't owe him a dime.

They didn't get any salary relief.

Obviously other things factored into their decision beyond Trumbo's 2016 salary.

But they didn't owe him 9 million, they didn't owe him a dime.

They didn't get any salary relief.

Obviously other things factored into their decision beyond Trumbo's 2016 salary.

They achieved the payroll flexibility necessary to claim Andy Wilkins. Shrewd.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mariners?src=hash">#mariners</a> trade is done. No issues with medicals.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That, and also sign Nori Aoki

The Mariners definitely made some moves today.

Acquired- Clevenger(trade), Wilkins(waivers), Kivlehan(PTBNL Texas trade), Aoki(FA), DeFratus(FA).

Lost- Trumbo(trade), CJ Rifenhouser(trade), Edgar Olmos(DFA)

Looks like they took the Trumbo money and got Aoki, DeFratus and Clevenger. That's a ton of 40 man roster moves. Good thing we were able to take advantage of the new GM wanting to clean up the old GM's crap 40 man roster.

The Mariners definitely made some moves today.

Acquired- Clevenger(trade), Wilkins(waivers), Kivlehan(PTBNL Texas trade), Aoki(FA), DeFratus(FA).

Lost- Trumbo(trade), CJ Rifenhouser(trade), Edgar Olmos(DFA)

Looks like they took the Trumbo money and got Aoki, DeFratus and Clevenger. That's a ton of 40 man roster moves. Good thing we were able to take advantage of the new GM wanting to clean up the old GM's crap 40 man roster.

He's never been a fan of Trumbo. Traded him when he was the GM of the Angels as well.

Archived