Duquette Speaks

Frobby

I will let you in on a dirty little secret: Baseball is a high-stress, sharp-elbowed business. And though it is sports and maybe you cannot see this because it has a game attached to it, it is just like any other high-stress, sharp-elbowed industry, which is to say it is infested by many folks who would do just about anything to retain their jobs, or improve their jobs or destroy their competitors inside or outside their organization.

The amount of lying and deceit and bottom-feeding and malfeasance observed during the course of a season would make the current race to be [a] presidential nominee appear as tame as nap time in kindergarten.

Joel Sherman

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His ceiling was much higher than two months of Parra, IMO. We'll see.

Exactly. I respect giving it the old college try, but we were not a good team last year. It's not just Davies it's all the pieces we didn't get by trading others as well. A piss poor assessment of the team and a failed attempt at improving the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I respect giving it the old college try, but we were not a good team last year. It's not just Davies it's all the pieces we didn't get by trading others as well. A piss poor assessment of the team and a failed attempt at improving the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orioles were not a rebuilding team. They were not trading anyone away. They were fighting for the playoffs and lost.

Christopher Russo just had him on the phone for his show.

-Mentioned Alvarez's left center batted balls that were outs in PNC that are homers in OPACY. PNC is miles deep in left center, so he may enjoy a few extra oppos.

-Pumped up Rickard when asked about RF Trumbo, cites Buck's knack.

-Kim's 0-for is ongoing transition, never having had a Korean player, doesn't know how long it will take.

-Winless spring - says we need better pitching. Russo pushed him on it as fatal flaw, and Dan says obviously we have more work to do, and "really need" to balance our club with a left handed pitcher.

Christopher Russo just had him on the phone for his show.

-Mentioned Alvarez's left center batted balls that were outs in PNC that are homers in OPACY. PNC is miles deep in left center, so he may enjoy a few extra oppos.

-Pumped up Rickard when asked about RF Trumbo, cites Buck's knack.

-Kim's 0-for is ongoing transition, never having had a Korean player, doesn't know how long it will take.

-Winless spring - says we need better pitching. Russo pushed him on it as fatal flaw, and Dan says obviously we have more work to do, and "really need" to balance our club with a left handed pitcher.

So the Yoon Suk-min signing never happened?

So the GM doesn't follow what happens in minor league camp?

Or did Dan conveniently forget about the signings?

No idea what he meant by it. The Orioles have had sever minor league Koreans. That were never successful. Several. Not just that Yoon.

Archived