Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Royals starters had very similar results to us a better ERA but the play in a better pitchers park and they had even less innning pitched from the starters then we did.

We still need to add a starter but no matter if we add a number 1 or a back end of the rotation the team will not improve if Tilman, Gonzo, and Gausman pitch better.

Although I didn't see the Royals many times, it's my clear impression that they pulled their starters early, resulting in the low number of IPs by them, as part of a strategy of maximizing the effectiveness of their deep pen. Our starters often got pulled early, resulting in a similarly low number of IP by them, because that's as far as they could go, given their pitch counts and their declining effectiveness by the middle innings. Big difference.

Is anyone else somewhat interested in what O'Day could do as a starting pitcher with an elite infield behind him?

Considering that O'Day is 33 years old and has never started a game in 459 major league appearances, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that converting him to a starter wouldn't end well.

Considering that O'Day is 33 years old and has never started a game in 459 major league appearances, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that converting him to a starter wouldn't end well.

You don't convert guys getting 34 million dollars to anything.

He and his wife live near Columbia. If the Orioles came up a little then I think he would pick the Orioles. But it might be the extra year.

We need to up the offer to keep him. No excuses. Get it done Duquette. If it close to WAS's offer, he'll stay here.

Archived