April 7 - O's vs. M's

RichieRich

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is weird logic. What if they win today' date=' won't he want to avoid changes with a five game winning streak? Just give the guy a start, geesh.

Also, are we giving Brob a break already (on Thursday)? Or will he DH? Thoughts?[/quote']

It would be pure genius to DH Brian Roberts so that a corner infielder who's not even particularly great at 3B could play second.:rolleyes: My guess is his back must still be bothering him a little bit or he's gotten a little sore with all the adventures he's had on the basepaths so far. If Trembley really thinks it's a good idea to bench Roberts for his bench as often as Mora, Millar and Huff, we're in trouble. Of course there's always the possibility that Thursday could be the day he gets traded.

According to Gameday, Cabrera has thrown 2 curveballs, 1 changeup, and 1 slider, and the rest fastballs. Ibanez's homerun was on the lone slider it says.

Before last season, Cabrera's MO was to throw mostly fastballs, a lot of which were out of the strikezone. But he was wild enough that hitters were never comfortable facing him, and he didn't give up many hard-hit balls.

Now his control has improved just enough that hitters are comfortable and are teeing off on him...but not enough to avoid BBs.

We were better off when Cabrera threw harder with less command.

9 pitch inning the o's can't afford to keep hacking like that.

Remember Silva practically went an entire season without a walk. Gotta believe the scouting report is to be aggressive at the plate.

I am so mad at either mlb.tv or my school's internet, I'm not sure which is at fault. I am currently on campus and mlb.tv is telling me the Oriole game is blacked out. I am able to watch every other game here, other than the Braves that is since they're the closest, but not the Orioles. Once I'm off campus back at my apartment everything works fine.

Archived