% Chances Chris Davis Signs with O's

Winning_Season

My hope is that we don't miss and Dan makes some smart signings. That does not mean a guy that costs 20+ million, it just means he finds some solid guys to fill roles. I could see Alvarez, Kazmir, and several other names as being guys who can fill roles and do so with a decent shot of being good.

That's my hope too, but that's exactly what we DIDN'T do when we missed on Texeira a few years ago. We (or a certain someone to be be more specific) just took his toys and went home.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm telling you, Kazmir. No need to give up a pick for him and he's at worst a small step down from Chen. Not that old, all things considered. If we can do 4/60 for Kazmir I would say pull the trigger.
A lot of teams are looking at Kazmir 4/60 wont come close to getting him, not when JA Happ can get 3/36M.

That's my hope too, but that's exactly what we DIDN'T do when we missed on Texeira a few years ago. We (or a certain someone to be be more specific) just took his toys and went home.

To me though the Texiera thing was completely different. The Orioles in that case made a low ball offer that sounded impressive but in reality was far below numbers that were floated out to have been offered. The numbers throw at Davis are very very competitive, a lot more than I think he is worth. That said the market will bear out if Boras was right to say no.

A lot of teams are looking at Kazmir 4/60 wont come close to getting him, not when JA Happ can get 3/36M.

So gotta ask, you kinda called the market on Davis being soft. I was a good bit off on that, figured someone would bite big.

How do you see this all playing out for CD?

Perhaps. But maybe he should warrant consideration even at the 5/80 Chen is projected to get, if only because we'd get an extra draft pick. I want that pick! :D

Plus, Kazmir was awesome last season until he got traded to the 'Stros, which was surely quite jarring for the guy.

I think we'll get Fister or Lincecum for less than 1/10

There was a time when the idea of acquiring Tim Lincecum would have would have brought me great joy. Course there was a time when my ex-wife did also, those thing have come to pass. :)

To me though the Texiera thing was completely different. The Orioles in that case made a low ball offer that sounded impressive but in reality was far below numbers that were floated out to have been offered..

Chris Davis and Scott Boras think Mark is untruthful.

So gotta ask, you kinda called the market on Davis being soft. I was a good bit off on that, figured someone would bite big.

How do you see this all playing out for CD?

I think he'll sign with the O's before Christmas, if STL signs an OF or a SP. I don't think we will have spent a lot on other players by then.

Chris Davis and Scott Boras think Mark is untruthful.

Honestly maybe Mark did want to play in his hometown. He just happened to like the idea of an extra 30+ million dollars a whole lot more. This is just simple business, Tex would have been an absolute fool to take that offer given what he got.

Perhaps. But maybe he should warrant consideration even at the 5/80 Chen is projected to get, if only because we'd get an extra draft pick. I want that pick! :D

Plus, Kazmir was awesome last season until he got traded to the 'Stros, which was surely quite jarring for the guy.

I took to heart what Buck said in the Q&A. More than 3 years for a SP isn't wise. Paying 5 years to get 3 years of performance isn't something the O's do. I don't think they see any FA SP worth more than a 3 year investment.

I think he'll sign with the O's before Christmas, if STL signs an OF or a SP. I don't think we will have spent a lot on other players by then.

I kinda been leaning the same way, I just don't see who else ponies up the cash.

Question is do the O's stick with their original offer or do they look at Boras groveling back and drop it. Honestly if they come back I would consider at least taking off one year or dropping the total amount some. Say 6/125 or 7/140. Throw those out there, final offer and move on permanently if they don't bite on either

Archived