% Chances Chris Davis Signs with O's

Winning_Season

If DD was so intent to bring CD back why was the offer on the table for only three days?

DD said he had to get on and and look at probable players for the O's. They are

starting to disappear and we all know what's in the future. I would be wondering if

I were Adam Jones Manny Machado,Schoop and Hardy.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same old Orioles, Same old off season, same old losing ways again. We are right back to where we were before Duquette got here. We'll spend money on Davis, but if he doesn't sign, we won't use the money that he had designated as being spent, no let's be a cheap S.O.B, as usual and not care about winning.

Same old orioles, year after year. Get ready for another losing season O's fans. Here we go again.

Same old Orioles, Same old off season, same old losing ways again. We are right back to where we were before Duquette got here. We'll spend money on Davis, but if he doesn't sign, we won't use the money that he had designated as being spent, no let's be a cheap S.O.B, as usual and not care about winning.

Same old orioles, year after year. Get ready for another losing season O's fans. Here we go again.

I am so glad you woke from that coma. We've been the top team in the AL the last four seasons. It's amazing what happened while you were gone.

I am so glad you woke from that coma. We've been the top team in the AL the last four seasons. It's amazing what happened while you were gone.

If this place is so negative after winning baseball and 2 trips to the playoffs.

How bad was in, in here, back in the black era and when this team really did suck?

Same as it has been since the beginning: 0%

which is a good thing because Davis will underperform his new contract by a large margin.

Can't believe people are just ignoring that the guy hit .196 in 2014 and is and Aderall/Nocotine addict.

Can you actually prove that or are you just throwing around wild accusations?

Re: tobacco addiction

When Tony Gwynn passed, there were a few articles/blogs written locally about Davis and his own use of smokeless tobacco.

Davis expressed a desire to quit. He tried not using it for a spell (which I believe coincided with having his baby, and not utilizing Adderal -- or at least the story was at that time that he did not have an exemption to use it). This would have been 2014 when he struggled so, and you could certainly make the case that this combination of disruptive changes to his routine contributed to his long slump.

So if Davis expressed an interest in quitting, and...

Davis tried quitting, and...

Davis uses smokeless tobacco today to the same apparent extent he always has... One could certainly construe that as addiction, especially in light of the obvious health risks and heightened awareness given Gwynn's passing.

Guessing that is where the reference to being addicted came from. Maybe it's Davis' business, but it's not that much of a leap to assume he's fighting the highly addictive nature of tobacco.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/cardinals-sign-alex-gordon-unlikely.html

Looks like the Cards are out on Davis' date=' that leave the question....Who is in?[/quote']

The mystery team, its always the mystery team. Just kidding, Chris has to be sitting around wondering if he should take the deal especially considering Heyward already signed and so have the premiere pitchers. Theres a reason no one is linked to Chris even after we posted the initial bid. Boras better be on that phone shopping him around

Our last good run was followed by 15 years of losing. Can't blame people for being concerned. Again, we've lost a lot of talent, both ML and MiL over the last 2-3 years. That takes a toll on an organization.

Absolutely factual. Good points. Glad the organization has been on an extended upturn with no change in the management that guided it.

Haven't seen any strong rumors on Cespedes or Upton either. Gordon probably goes next.

I think these a lot of questions about Davis & Cespedes in regards to inconsistent careers. Upton offensive has shown more consistency but some question his defense.

Archived