Our Top Thirty Prospects, How Far Away?

Bahama O's Fan

Garcia shouldn't be traded. Why we didn't use him last year is beyond me. Mancini could be the AL version of Chris Bryant. David Hess could be good. And all this complaining about our farm system. HAHAHA!

We probably didn't use Garcia because he wasn't nearly as successful our other relief pitchers. And did you seriously just compare Mancini to Kris Bryant? Was that sarcasm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy's out of options. If healthy, he has to be on the big league squad.

*facepalm* how many times have we been over Bundy's Rule 5-in-everything-but-name status for 2016 around here? Hehe, it's ok though, I know I've missed the obvious a few times myself. I guess we'll have to explain it to about 10 more noobs before 2016 ends, which is honestly fine, that's how things roll on a welcoming forum such as this one :)

No, he could be. Give him some time in ST, and I think he could do very well

You're going to need to explain how Mancini "could be" Kris Bryant, other than in some pie-in-the-sky, wishful-thinking universe. Mancini's career minor league OPS is more than 250 points lower than Bryant's.

Based on what? Which three 1B? We are talkign about a guy who is adequate at 1B, can't play another position and has a .750 OPS at AAA and swings through a ton of fastballs. You seem to think he has a lot of value in trade or that he's very good.

Again, anything can happen. Heck Steve Pearce was great in 2014 but Walker doesn't even have the minor league resume of Steve Pearce. We got that kid Choi for nothing and then lost him in the Rule 5. Christian Walker will get you very little in a trade because he's a AAAA player at this point. Heck, he's not even a AAAA player yet.

Choi has a 600K contract and is currently Los Angels Angels starting first baseman. Two teams are currently starting firs tbasemen acquired in the rule 5 draft. Darren Ruff and Ryan Howard probably are worth less than Walker. Walker is probably better than Paulson and Alonzo.

He may be better than Zimmerman and Wallace and Clint Robinson. It is entirely possible if Walker had a full time or good platoon situation he would out perform several on that list.

My opinion. No need to refute it.

You're going to need to explain how Mancini "could be" Kris Bryant, other than in some pie-in-the-sky, wishful-thinking universe. Mancini's career minor league OPS is more than 250 points lower than Bryant's.

I suppose he's right in the sense that any MLB player "could" put up a 5 WAR season, but otherwise it was a completely baseless statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived