Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The team' date=' as it is currently constructed, is not competitive.[/quote']
Same as the 81 win 2015 team with Trumbo, without Chen. I guess Wieters is expected to be fully healthy and AllStar caliber.

Where's the improvement over last season?

Tillman, Gonzo and Hardy almost certainly won't be as bad. Kim is likely better than the travesties we ran out there. Gausman is likely to improve, Schoop has a good chance at taking another step forward. Trumbo at DH is also an improvement. We'll have a full season from Givens...

Yes, some players will likely regress as well, but I think you'd have to blindfold yourself to see no improvement.

a) They're not done.

b) Kim could be pretty decent in a spot where they got zero last year.

c) Davis will probably be worse than he was last year.

d) The combination of Manny/Hardy/Schoop has a good chance of being better, as a group.

e) Tillman/Gausman could certainly be quite a bit better.

Kim isn't a ML player

Do you remember Yamaico Navarro. He hit 79 HRs and had a .950 OPS the last two years in the KBO

Kim is basically a 28 yo who has never played above AA.

We get it. You believe Chris Davis money has nothing to do with the Orioles payroll. Don't agree with you one bit.

So you're assuming there's some major salary dumps coming in the very near future? Who goes, Jones? Britton? Tillman? Gonzalez? All of them? Are they lining up a June deal for Wieters?

Is it possible that there's some type of clause protecting the club from another PED bust? I would hope that is in there.

Can't believe we folded and gave him more. I'm heartened by the fact that we are spending money, but think we could've done so much more wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give the owner the credit where it is deserved. He has stepped up to the plate here. No token offer. Crush has a chance to go down to a special place in Orioles history. There is no bad new here at all.

Same as the 81 win 2015 team with Trumbo, without Chen. I guess Wieters is expected to be fully healthy and AllStar caliber.

Where's the improvement over last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Red Sox improved with Price and Kimbrel and there young core exploding

The Yankees improved with Chapman added to Miller and Betances to make the best bullpen in the majors

The Rays will improve by getting back a couple of stud starting pitchers who were injured all last year

Toronto didn't need to improve they are already 20 games better than the O's

Archived