April 10, Game 1, at Texas

NCRaven

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About Ramon... I have no idea what he did elsewhere, but from watching him since we got him, I pretty much expect him to *not* do the right thing at plays at the plate. I don't hate the guy or anything, I mainly like him OK, but I am amazed that nobody's straightened him out about it. It's just basic stuff.

As for pulling Trax, I completely agree that 2nd-guessing the manager is among the finest of baseball traditions. It's half of what a manager is for. A great way to discuss the various in's and out's of things...

Cabrera and Ramon play in the field like the not-yet-eradicated remains of pre-Trembley ball. It must drive DT nuts to see them ignore fundamentals and hurt the team like that--a team that needs every advantage to scratch out its wins.

You all are funny. Payton swung at a good pitch to hit and hit it hard. He has nothing to apologize for at all.

We got outplayed today. No big deal. It won't be the last time.

I have to tell you, VT, I disagree with your criticisms of Ramon. Ramon's throw to 2B was right on line, but bounce in front of the bag - no tail off on the throw at all. Moore needs to stop that ball.

Regarding the play at the play, Markakis' throw is several feet on the first base side of home plate. Ramon made a nice catch and swipe effort. No chance he could have blocked the plate and caught the ball at the same time.

A lack of patience was a large part of why we lost. It's too bad we couldn't get one measly run during the bases loaded situation. The bullpen continues to look impressive at least.

You might want to amend that to say lack of patience in scoring situations. Because we did have 5+ walks and work Millwood for 110+ pitches in 7 innings IIRC.

EDIT: It was 6 walks and 111 pitches.

Archived