Duquette on XM radio

backwardsk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. We are getting Gallardo I think.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Appears Jays, Royals currently out on Gallardo. Rockies in early stages of pursuit, but BAL and HOU have been persistent.</p>? Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So the "at this point" comment from Duquette means "lower your price".

I hope it is not Mancini. Christian Walker, Chance Sisco, OK. But I think Boom-Boom is going to be a beast.
I do too btw. And he lives with Brady right now. SO there is that. Peter might say no.

Am I missing something? Is he a consensus top 100 prospect now?

In the 70s! I saw Animal House. There's a reason I didn't put your name in with Frobby and Gordo.

I'm a lot closer in age to weams than I am to El Gordo, I believe.

In any event, the way I remember it, I don't think anybody really knew what Reggie's attitude about re-signing with the Orioles would be before the trade. After the trade, he held out for a month into the season, but once he showed up, really liked playing for Earl and said he was open to coming back. But, the Yankees offered him about double what he'd been making and that was the end of that.

Can't see Latos coming to the O's for one year. Its not a great place for a pitcher to enhance his value.

I'll repeat: while Camden is not a pitcher's park by any means (ok it suppresses triples a lot), it is also not one of the worst parks in baseball to pitch in. More home runs, that's about it.

Am I missing something? Is he a consensus top 100 prospect now?

Nope. He's not well liked anywhere but Baltimore, and probably won't be until he can show the ability to discern a ball from a strike or miraculously moves to another defensive position and excels at it.

Walker is not a real prospect, and Sisco has shown he can hit but I seriously doubt he stays behind that plate and he doesn't hit for enough power to stick at first. I don't love any of them, obviously.

Nope. He's not well liked anywhere but Baltimore, and probably won't be until he can show the ability to discern a ball from a strike or miraculously moves to another defensive position and excels at it.

Walker is not a real prospect, and Sisco has shown he can hit but I seriously doubt he stays behind that plate and he doesn't hit for enough power to stick at first. I don't love any of them, obviously.

If that's the case, I'll trade six years of Mancini for four years of Wood.

(boy am I setting myself up with that one)

If that's the case, I'll trade six years of Mancini for four years of Wood.

(boy am I setting myself up with that one)

I would as well.

I think the Dodgers would be the ones to say no to that, or at least should. Alex Wood is 25 years old and has back to back years of over 2.5 wins. He has real value. I don't think Mancini is a prospect with a lot of value outside of this city.

Archived