Who's our 5th starter if we don't add anyone else

TeamSchoop6

Chen didn't get $90 mm. He got $80 mm, backloaded. Pretty much the deal I expected, but with an opt out thrown in. I think it's right in line with other deals this offseason, and better than some.

I thought he had an achievable option to 90? No?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then they did a poor job of predicting the market.

I suspect it's not a matter of prediction but of process. They are not in the five year pitching market ever. I suspect that is not in Mr. Duquette's tool box even if he would choose to wield it.

I suspect it's not a matter of prediction but of process. They are not in the five year pitching market ever. I suspect that is not in Mr. Duquette's tool box even if he would choose to wield it.

He did sign Pedro to 6/$75 with Boston, so I suspect he would do a long term deal for the right pitcher.

You did not read what I wrote. I don't think that is something Dan is permitted to do is what it meant.

What do you believe caused Mr. Angelos's stance on free agent pitchers? Aaron Sele? Xavier Hernandez? Scott Erickson, who actually received a 5-year contract? The Orioles employing doctors who take more conservative views? Something else?

You did not read what I wrote. I don't think that is something Dan is permitted to do is what it meant.

You may be right, but not a lot of people would have believed the O's would sign Davis for the contract he received. It may not be likely, but I do think in the right situation they would do it.

You may be right, but not a lot of people would have believed the O's would sign Davis for the contract he received. It may not be likely, but I do think in the right situation they would do it.

True enough. For some reason, Peter did telegraph his desire though.

What do you believe caused Mr. Angelos's stance on free agent pitchers? Aaron Sele? Xavier Hernandez? Scott Erickson, who actually received a 5-year contract? The Orioles employing doctors who take more conservative views? Something else?

Andy MacPhail in his ear for a few season?

• 1 month later...

Archived