Arrieta Posts

TonySoprano

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Tryptamine said:

When a guy is 1 for 31 on throwing out runners for the year, I fail to see how it's entirely one pitcher's fault.

That being said Jake was slow to the plate.  If Tillman had been pitching Montero, who has poor pop times, might have kept it to six steals.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That being said Jake was slow to the plate.  If Tillman had been pitching Montero, who has poor pop times, might have kept it to six steals.

Yup, Jake is notoriously slow, but he has to be other his timing gets thrown off and you see the disaster you did last night. I'm sure you haven't forgotten what happened to Jake in Baltimore after they pushed for him to improve his time to plate.

On 6/28/2017 at 4:23 PM, Tryptamine said:

Yup, Jake is notoriously slow, but he has to be other his timing gets thrown off and you see the disaster you did last night. I'm sure you haven't forgotten what happened to Jake in Baltimore after they pushed for him to improve his time to plate.

It is just funny that Maddon could have easily lifted this quote from one of Buck's post Arrieta game presser's from 2012.

"It's about time to the plate," Maddon said. "He's a little bit slow ... It's something he works on. There are times he's quicker and better to work with. The best anecdote is to keep the guy off the base."

When you are not doing well people start knit picking things like TTP and they start noticing things like you throwing across your body. I think the Cubs coaches, fans, and media have stumbled upon a baffling new phenomenon for which we have already written the definitive treatise. He pitched well today though: 7 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks, 6 SO.

20 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

It is just funny that Maddon could have easily lifted this quote from one of Buck's post Arrieta game presser's from 2012.

When you are not doing well people start knit picking things like TTP and they start noticing things like you throwing across your body. I think the Cubs coaches, fans, and media have stumbled upon a baffling new phenomenon for which we have already written the definitive treatise. He pitched well today though: 7 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks, 6 SO.

Depending on what he does the rest of this season, he could miss the "set for life contract"

Archived