Gallardo - Roch: deal is DONE (signed)

weams

Whether they should wield it or not is another question, but the Orioles definitely hold all of the leverage in this particular situation. Based on his market before the Orioles agreed to sign him, it's hard to believe he'd find any team to take him before the June draft if he doesn't take some deal from the Orioles, even a restructured one.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O's are just doing due dilligence. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is announcing deals "pending physical." When there is any delay, even without a leak, it is obvious that there is a problem with the physical. Everyone should just keep their mouths shut through the whole process until the contract is signed.

Well, you know the media is not going to sit on stuff like that. The team obviously keeps their mouth shut.

Whether they should wield it or not is another question, but the Orioles definitely hold all of the leverage in this particular situation. Based on his market before the Orioles agreed to sign him, it's hard to believe he'd find any team to take him before the June draft if he doesn't take some deal from the Orioles, even a restructured one.

Yep. I think he'd still do a 2/20. Is 2 years worth the pick though?

This has me very worried.

Is it really about his physical or the money? If it's about money then I believe we can forget about Gallardo and possibly signings with O's in the future. Wonder how Fowler feels about this and IF he pulls out now that he sees what's happening with Gallardo??? I understand O's but seems to be a common theme now. Wow!!!!!

Then do the physicals before you get too far into the talks. Then no one knows if the deal fell apart over the physical or years and money.

I don't think that's ever going to happen. They always work off of whatever medicals the player/agent hand over. But there is no guarantee when you get him in to examine him yourself whether you will see the same thing.

As a side note, if the Orioles are this reluctant to hand out a 3/35 deal over this. Does anyone really think they will hand Manny a 10/200 deal? Would Manny's agent look at this and not even consider talks of an extention in fear they may fail him? Just curious. Another question, could the Orioles fail Matt Wieters physical to have gotten out of him accepting the QO?

No the O's couldn't have gotten out of the QO If MW failed a physical.

Archived