Slugger Pedro Alvarez Signs w Orioles (1 yr: 5.75 + 1.5 potential bonuses) OFFICIAL

Birds08

I suspect that some of us Orioles fans see more Orioles games than even the A.L. East managers do, save for Buck Showalter.

I believe that that gives us an inside track of sorts on the kind of fielders that the Orioles' position players are.

But ....... assuming that we DO NOT also see the majority of games of the other 14 American League teams, it's kind of difficult to compare those Orioles position players to that of all of the other position players throughout the league, based on actually witnessing the games and the plays.

Between RSNs, ESPN, MLB channel and MLB TV it is easy for a fan to watch 400+ games a season.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that some of us Orioles fans see more Orioles games than even the A.L. East managers do, save for Buck Showalter.

I believe that that gives us an inside track of sorts on the kind of fielders that the Orioles' position players are.

But ....... assuming that we DO NOT also see the majority of games of the other 14 American League teams, it's kind of difficult to compare those Orioles position players to that of all of the other position players throughout the league, based on actually witnessing the games and the plays.

Between RSNs, ESPN, the MLB channel, and MLB TV, it is easy for a fan to watch 400+ games a season.

I feel sorry for any fan that actually takes the time to watch 400-plus FULL GAMES of regular season baseball every year.

And this is coming from a person that already watches too many full baseball games in the first place.

So what your position boils down to is that your opinions are more valid than those of the professionals who see more ball games than anyone else does. Okay...........

Of course they are. The Brewers' manager isn't paid or even particularly interested in the carefully ranked defensive abilities of players from other divisions or leagues he may not even see in any given year. You think Buck knows half as much about the Giants' LFer as a Giants' fan who might see the guy in person 75 times?

I feel sorry for any fan that actually takes the time to watch 400-plus FULL GAMES of regular season baseball every year.

And this is coming from a person that already watches too many full baseball games in the first place.

Set it up to skip commercials and two a day + the playoffs wouldn't be arduous.

Not if he's married. :laughlol:

If there were 36 hours in a day, I could conceive of it.

There aren't. There are only 24 hours in a day.

Perhaps if someone were a sportswriter/sportscaster/employee of the team, that would not be unreasonable for them to watch that many games every year, because it is their profession.

But for anyone else ......... ugh. :puke:

As far as the Managers of other teams knowing ball players through out MLB, they rely on the scouting reports that they are handed to prepare for the different teams. If Bruce Bochy is getting ready to play the Orioles his scouting report may read, Do Not run on CF Adam Jones as he will gun you down. I he sees this report prior to the serties and then witnesses it in person he would be more apt to give the vote to Adam as opposed to another CF that did not play against them with the same credentials.

Between RSNs, ESPN, the MLB channel, and MLB TV, it is easy for a fan to watch 400+ games a season.

Set it up to skip commercials and two a day + the playoffs wouldn't be arduous.

For me, it would be ...... and it would be pretty sad, also.

Regardless of whether or not one skips the commercials, that's more than 2 full games a day, every day, for 7 months. Even if I were so inclined to do what you are suggesting in regard to skipping the commercials and watching half of the games on tape, I would ask myself, "Patrick, what the hell is wrong with you ??? If you can't get a life, at least get half of a life."

For me, it would be ...... and it would be pretty sad, also.

Regardless of whether or not one skips the commercials, that's more than 2 full games a day, every day, for 7 months. Even if I were so inclined to do what you are suggesting in regard to skipping the commercials and watching half of the games on tape, I would ask myself, "Patrick, what the hell is wrong with you ??? If you can't get a life, at least get half of a life."

At some point in the season we'll be reminded by someone that if we don't watch all of almost every Orioles game we're not real fans and aren't really qualified to comment on the team.

Which, of course, means that prior to the advent of cable in the 1980s there were about 12 "real" fans of MLB all of whom traveled with their favorite team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pedro Alvarez's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> club physical nearly complete. Deal expected to be finalized tmrw, per industry source.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pedro Alvarez's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> club physical nearly complete. Deal expected to be finalized tmrw, per industry source.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

They are supposed to take him off the rack tomorrow. That way he will be stretched out.

Please just go to Pirates camp tomorrow. ANYWHERE BUT SARASOTA!

Archived