Blue Jays Makin' Frank Thomas Mad!

blueberryale77

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ao9KieBGhCcNX37BZVPNRxM5nYcB?slug=ap-bluejays-thomas&prov=ap&type=lgns

Blue Jays designated hitter Frank Thomas was livid Saturday after getting benched in favor of Matt Stairs and being told by manager John Gibbons he can expect further cuts to his playing time.

Thomas did not shake hands with his teammates following Toronto’s 3-2 victory over Detroit on Saturday and left the clubhouse without speaking to reporters.

“I’m angry, I know I can help this team. My career isn’t going to end like this,” he said before the game.

Thomas is hitting .167, but he claims they are only limiting his playing time in order to keep his $10 million option for next year from kicking in. I thought he was supposed to be a great guy, but this doesn't seem like very team oriented behavior, particularly not congratulating his teammates on the win. On the other hand, John Gibbons seems to have problems getting along with a shocking number of his players. It could be that he told Thomas the news in a particularly offensive way or something. Who knows? I still think as a veteran Thomas should be more careful not to let this affect his teammates but also Gibbons should've been canned years ago. Hopefully this year's Blue Jays self-destruction is severe enough to allow us to finish ahead of them.

Thomas is hitting .167, but he claims they are only limiting his playing time in order to keep his $10 million option for next year from kicking in. I thought he was supposed to be a great guy, but this doesn't seem like very team oriented behavior, particularly not congratulating his teammates on the win.

The White Sox beg to differ. I seem to remember a few times when he got into confrontations with teammates or managers and grumbled about various issues. In fact, after he left, GM Kenny Williams ripped Thomas to shreds in the press. It doesn't seem like this is anything new for Frank.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ao9KieBGhCcNX37BZVPNRxM5nYcB?slug=ap-bluejays-thomas&prov=ap&type=lgns

I thought he was supposed to be a great guy, but this doesn't seem like very team oriented behavior, particularly not congratulating his teammates on the win.

When your career is coming to a end and when the butt kissing ends some guys don't know how to handle it.

Archived