Orioles Release Miguel Gonzalez

SticksandStones

o

15 OUTS: 6 Groundouts (Incuding 1 Double Play), 5 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

MIGUEL ANGEL GONZALEZ O (vs. AAA-Norfolk, 4/11)

IP:l 5

H:;; 3 ll(2 Home Runs, 1 Single)

R:l) 2

BB: 0

SO: 5

Pitches: 72 (51 Strikes, 21 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.60 (AAA-Charlotte)

PITCHES BY INNING

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

15 (10 Strikes, 5 Balls)

20 (15 Strikes, 5 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 3 Balls)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Final line on Ariel Miranda: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 78 pitches, 47 strikes. Tides lead it, 2-1.</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="
">April 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We have all of the details (including his pitches per innings and types of outs) in our Orioles thread, also. :)

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149749-STARTING-PITCHING-Potential-Help-from-AAA-Norfolk-and-AA-Bowie/page7

6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K today.

If he's actually throwing low 90s again like some reports say, this may have been a horrible release.

Has anyone on here seen him pitch? I would love it if Miguel made it back to the Show....I wouldn't even be bitter like with some other former O's. Still, it doesn't seem likely that the O's could so grossly misread the prospects of one of their pitchers?? :D

Has anyone on here seen him pitch? I would love it if Miguel made it back to the Show....I wouldn't even be bitter like with some other former O's. Still, it doesn't seem likely that the O's could so grossly misread the prospects of one of their pitchers?? :D

I watched a bit. He looked good. Of course, he always looked good in the minors. He might make it back. Miguel is a gamer. He certainly was not throwing hard. Not at all.

I watched a bit. He looked good. Of course, he always looked good in the minors. He might make it back. Miguel is a gamer. He certainly was not throwing hard. Not at all.

His stats in the game he pitched for the Orioles before release were pretty good too.

His stats in the game he pitched for the Orioles before release were pretty good too.

Yeah, I didn't see any of his spring training starts but those last game stats seemed an odd prelude to a summary send off. Still, he always seemed a pitcher that won be sheer will. I can see it going away as suddenly as it appeared.

I've wondered why players do this. Why would he not play in the minors for the O's' date=' but is willing to play for another team? Surely he could have seen our depth problem and figured he had a chance to make it back up here?[/quote']

Maybe he wanted a chance with a system that had not already decided he did not have enough stuff to contribute at the MLB level. Maybe there was a little bit more money there too.

o

18 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Incuding 1 Double Play), 5 Strikeouts, 4 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing

MIGUEL ANGEL GONZALEZ O (vs. AAA-Charlotte, 4/17)

IP:l 6

H:;; 4 ll(4 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 2

SO: 5

Pitches: 85 (57 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2016 ERA: 2.45 (AAA-Charlotte)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (71 Strikes, 61 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 31 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 31 Balls)

14 (11 Strikes, 31 Balls)