It's here! It's Opening Day!

weams

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Folks that called the delay must be the same people that call the Howard County School Closings

light or no rain at game time

Now we wait for the rain, and then wait for it to end all while the temps plummet 30 degrees

Seems they could have gotten in at least 3 innings before playing conditions got bad at all

There has been no rain. None.

Folks that called the delay must be the same people that call the Howard County School Closings

Now we wait for the rain, and then wait for it to end all while the temps plummet 30 degrees

Seems they could have gotten in at least 3 innings before playing conditions got bad at all

Sitting here in my seat, watching it not rain. I'm pretty aggravated. And of course, we're being given no information whatsoever.

Frustrating for sure, but the problem is you don't want to play 3 innings then have a 2 hour rain delay. Starters have to be pulled and everyone's bullpen gets heavily taxed the very first game of the season. Not a great way to start the season, in my view. Just rather wait a few hours then play the thing straight through.

And for those advocating tomorrow, I believe the high is only 48 tomorrow (which it won't hit until 9 PM tonight), so it's going to be cold if they play tonight or tomorrow.

Sitting here in my seat, watching it not rain. I'm pretty aggravated. And of course, we're being given no information whatsoever.

They are bad on information. I remember that one Saturday afternoon game that started three hours late had no information for two hours. The Orioles are not good at informing the public.Still waiting on the official press release that they raised ticket prices.

For those of you at the game, I feel you pain but I don't feel too sorry for you. Worst case scenario, you get to be at the park for opening day, and maybe a story you can tell your grandkids.

Looks like an initial band of heavy rain, clearing, followed by a second band of lighter rain. Hopefully they start after the initial clearing and the second band isn't too bad.

Archived