Allocation of Innings

Pickles

Well, I'm kind of lumping them together, because we don't who is the 5th starter, but they're all in the mix for the long men.

Mike Wright is the fifth starter. The was is over. Unless he loses the job, which giving up four runs in five innings won't do.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike Wright is the fifth starter. The was is over. Unless he loses the job, which giving up four runs in five innings won't do.

He'll lose his job if that becomes his typical outing. I think Buck gives him about 8 starts, then we'll see where this is.

The Orioles and the Pitching staff is always in flux. What the Orioles start the season with is never what they end up with.

The OP seems to think that NONE of the Orioles Rookies or Minor Leaguers will make it to a Positive Side of WAR in the 2016 campaign. I disagree with this assumption.

Buck Showalter has a way of picking someone from the Minors to Spot Start for a game or two and be effective and on the Positive side of Replacement Level. Looking at the overall numbers by Wright last year does not mention his first two starts. He seems to be a pitcher taht will end up some where between the "Shutouts" and the Bombs. Wilson is not, has not been a big K pitcher BUT is an effective starter. Damn the K's, I like WINS.

Archived