Zachary davies

bpilktree

That's not bad for his last 4 starts (when that post was made.)

For his rookie year overall, he was very bad early on and has rebounded nicely since, especially with the 8 shutout innings that he threw today against the Cardinals.

I'd rather have Davies than Wright any day.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not bad for his last 4 starts (when that post was made.)

For his rookie year overall, he was very bad early on and has rebounded nicely since, especially with the 8 shutout innings that he threw today against the Cardinals.

I'd rather have Davies than Wright any day.

So would I.

My post had nothing to do with that choice.

Davies in his last six starts: 2.97, 28 K, 8 BB, 36.1 IP while batters hit a .208/.250/.392/.642 slash line.

Wright in his last six starts: 6.31, 18K, 10 BB, 25.2 IP while batters hit a .308/.368/.558/.925 slash line

Wilson in his last six starts: 4.21, 20K, 10 BB, 36.1 IP while batters hit a .241/.294/.426/.720 slash line

Davies will end up with the best career of all three and would have been my number one prospect coming into the season. His upside is a number 3 pitcher, but he's a got a good chance of reaching that upside. He still has a long way to go to prove he will be successful over the long haul, and he'll need to hold up for 170+ innings over a major league season, but it's pretty clear that he has the stuff to get major league hitters out consistently. He was the best bet of any of our young starters to be a cheap, dependable starter for years to come. Instead we have Gallardo and one less 1st round pick.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if Davies would have quite the same success in the AL East as he has had so far for the Brewers. But what I know for sure is that it would have been nice to have the option of trying him in lieu of Wright, Wilson or Ubaldo. I always put credence in Tony's opinion that Davies was a better prospect than Wright or Wilson.

By the way, has anyone been following Gerardo Parra this year? OPS+ of 72 for the Rockies, in line with the 69 OPS he put up for the Orioles last year. What a stupid trade that was.

Davies has a 5.75 ERA and a 1.556 WHIP after 7 starts so far this season.

I'd like to see at least 7 or 8 more starts to see if he can show some signs of recovering from his rough start to the season.

(vs. CARDINALS, 6/01)

8 shutout innings on 105 Pitches (73 Strikes, 32 Balls.)

3 Hits (all Singles.)

0 Walks, 9 Strikeouts.

ERA for the season is down to 4.53.

(vs. METS, 6/12)

6 innings, 0 earned runs.

3 Hits (1 Double, 2 Singles)

1 Walk, 7 Strikeouts.

ERA for the season is down to 3.88

• 2 weeks later...

From Kffl.com:

Zach Davies, Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

This sophomore right-hander is available in more than half of fantasy leagues, yet he?s been flirting with mixed format appeal for a month now.

In five starts in June, Davies is 3-0 with a shiny 1.64 ERA and 0.79 WHIP, while opponents are hitting just .171. He?s also etched a cool 36-to-6 K/BB ratio in that span as well.

Overall, the 23-year-old has been far better at home (4-2, 3.11 ERA in nine starts) than on the road, (1-1, 5.49 ERA in four starts). Fortunately for interested owners, his next assignment will emanate from Miller Park opposite a team that collectively bats .237.

Prediction: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K

Nah, he isn't exactly what we need right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived