Zachary davies

bpilktree

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Ok, let’s try not to be stupid(I’m pretty sure you can accomplish this). Answer one simple question.  (And way to be ignorant and not acknowledge the rest of what I said, not that I would expect any different since you are clearly in love with Povich or something)   If you don’t consistently throw strikes, do you think you can succeed in the majors as a starting pitcher?
    • Thanks, as always for the list.  Minor quibbles.   Carter Baumler?   Is it all about the bonus?   When I saw video from the AFL it was 91-93 with a decent curve and change.  I’d take Chace, Nunez, Young, and Forret  all over him on talent and  they all, including Young, have a better chance of not breaking down. Prediction.  Etzel will be close to top 10 by August.
    • The swinging strikeout on the 0-2 pitch from Luis Gil at his eyeballs was pretty conspicuous last night about an hour after checking these numbers and not having realized day to day how aggressive he has gotten while hitting .320. In contrast to the Adam/Manny led teams, I feel a lot more confidence in this lineup's ability to adapt as the year goes along.    Across the 2012-2016 postseasons, BAL hit 209/261/303 for a 56 wRC+, third worst of the 21 Clubs earning tournament appearances in that era. Jeff Passan's story this morning lamenting the April UmpShow had a detail Gunnar's punched out looking 4 times on missed calls - that's about 10% of his strikeouts YTD.  
    • I thought the sliding catch was a play he made look much harder than it should have been.   
    • 😂  Mr. Boxscore strikes again.  65% thru 5 complete.  12-21 in the 6th. 
    • Maybe that’s the case but the promotion doesn’t state that things are different for premium games.
    • Baumann is the most frustrating pitcher.  If you watch him on a good day (like yesterday), he looks like an elite reliever.   Other days, he’s throwing meatball after meatball.  Some days, he starts off great and then suddenly starts tossing cookies.   You literally never know what you’re getting with him.  There’s this feeling that if he could harness his stuff consistently, he could be a very solid back end reliever.   But he doesn’t harness his stuff consistently, and it’s not like he hadn’t had a lot of chances to do it.  I won’t lose any sleep if he’s DFA, but I think they’ll pick Ramírez if they go the DFA route.  
  • Popular Contributors